Is Cabo San Lucas, mexico, popular U.S. Expat retirement location?

is Cabo San Lucas/San Jose del Cabo, mexico, a popular U.S. Expat retirement location?

How is the cost of living, especially housing,compared to the U.S.?

Are there many long term house rentals available? Are fenced yards for dogs commonly available?

Rob in Prescott, AZ

I have lived in Cabo San Lucas for almost 3 years.  I believe it is the most expensive place to live in Mexico. There is a building boom, mostly condos. Water is scarce, roads are bad,  traffic is horrendous! I  am seriously considering relocating.

I   still love the weather and the terrain but some days really make you think!

Thanks for responding to my query.

Is San Jose del Cabo any better?

Are there many tennis and/or pickleball opportunities available?

Thanks,

Rob in Prescott,AZ

P.S.

Considering relocating to where? would really appreciate your experienced thoughts/insights on that.

@robowens65  Pricewise,  no. It's just a matter of preference as to where to live. Cabo San Lucas has the Marina and nightlife and San Jose has artwalk and more culture. I have only visited San Jose but people there love it! San Lucas people love it here too! :)

As for Pickleball, you are speaking my language. There are several nice places. I play at Club San Lazaro. We have daily drop in at 8 am except on Sunday. 8 courts and we now have lights for evening play.

There are also 4 brand new Padel courts with lights, and of course tennis courts!

San Jose also has Pickleball and Tennis.

Thanks. Good news re the pickleball and tennis.

I am going to be in the Cabo area the second week in May exploring for possible relocation there, so I'll have to checkout Club San Lazaro.

But you didnt comment as to your thoughts of other perhaps better locations that you are considering relocating to?

@robowens65    I am going to take a road trip to San Felipe. Many people from here have relocated there. Cons - 10 degrees hotter and colder, closer to US. Pro - homes are much cheaper, beaches are much more accessible, smaller community, no hurricanes.

I understand they have a working marina, so not so touristy. Streets are paved and have signs for street names. (Very few in Cabo).

There is golf,  pickleball,  tennis.

I still need to see it!

Thanks. Very interesting. I will have to check out San Felipe.

Re Cabo... with all the tourist and expat money taken in over the decades you would think that the town could afford to pave and have street name signs....Boooo

Pls share any additional info you may get re San Felipe.