Use of cleaning lady

Hello all:

I am using an independent cleaning lady in DR, whom I use after I or short-term rental guests leave. Is there a clear legal process in handling such arrangement? She is not employed staff, just hired on the job-to-job basis.  Are there formalities that I and she must abide?  I hear everyone has a different explanation.  Thank you in advance. 

@ddaoud3

Hi what's your question though?  You agree on what you want her to do and pay her. You are not her employer.

are there legal formalities to file?  government paperwork?

I am told some labor laws changed in 2022 that create more regulations, and local labor inspectors can be a real pain in the neck.  but it seems everyone i speak  with  has s  different  explanation   

And another thought....locals will want to consider themselves your "employee". That gives them certain rights. I hired a gardener to come by twice a month for a total of 8 hours a month, and guess what...he considers me his "employer".  They will also start asking for "incidentals" (i.e. my child is sick, I need money for medicine, etc). And advances on their pay. Its just how it is.

The laws did change and you could be at risk.  Cleaning staff and property staff can now be considered employees.  It used to be you could "contract" people.  They are contractors if they are registered with the tax department and give you a proper receipt.  You must retain a % of their contracted fee and remit it.

Or they are employees and have rights. 

If this is an air bnb then you have a corp?

Great information. 

Thank you.

Can any one give  leads for a person or a company fot clean for my home in cabarette?