My first serious visit

Hi all. I am popping for 4 days over the uk Easter weekend. The missus and I did a week package deal to Burgas 2 years ago and hired a car for 2 days to look at a few houses.

The issue was i did it the wrong way, i should have focussed on the location first, which is what this trip is about.

Im driving around Stara Zagora a bit but focussing on Haskovo region mainly. I intend to visit some towns and their surrounding villages. I will be doing the same next year looking in popovo/vt region. Once i have picked the areas and hopefully some villages that meet my criteria i will keep my eye out for the next two years hoping a house comes up in one of my these areas and villages.

My missus is laughing at me cos of the level of detailed research that i always do (im coming solo this time) but hopefully it will be an informative trip.

If anyone has any pointers regarding Haskovo region i am all ears 1f600.svg

Cyas, Shaun

I don't know the Haskovo area so can't be at all helpful, but your way sounds like a wise approach!

If I'm not mistaken, "Bournemouth to Bulgaria" YouTube channel are in the region.

I personally don't know the region, but you are right in doing your research before going.

Might be worth checking house prices in the area too, not forgetting access to the property and other areas (airport, borders).

Good luck.