New visa fees

Has anyone got info on a substantial increase in all Thai visa fees ,

At the moment the New Zealand, Thailand Embassy has put out major increases for Thai visas

Wow, 800 NZD!

I would think any embassy can ask for their services what they want due to different economic circumstances and any other BS they can come up with

@martinoo2002

How can one embassy in one country , just raise visa fees , it does not make sense , ????

Yep. Checked the other day. Apparently only accepting e-visa applications from 19 March 24, and fee for a single-entry Non-Immigrant visa gone up from $120 to $800 NZD.

Not great, but what can one do? I intend to apply in May. Shitty timing, but not much I can do about that. Hope the e-visa application system will work properly.

@petercurr55

I think it makes sense Peter, think about different wages in different countries, which make different cost and expenses for the same services

However 800 NZD seems a little overdoing it, not sure what other countries charge

Maybe better to go with the e-visa, similar requirements, less expensive and you can extend to Non A.O.B etc. in Thailand at immigration who all have slightly different requirements

@martinoo2002

To date these new fees seem to apply only to NZ , which is incomprehensible,

but nothing surprises me Re ,  Thailand   visa   system

@petercurr55

Hi Peter , no i haven't but I'd appreciate it if you could tell me what the visa fees wete before the increase?

Also, 1.) can you tell me where I can post a questions  regarding the process I outline below and 2.) where can i post the question as to how i can verify that the company I am using is legitimate and not a scam operation? 

I'm American and leaving for Bangkok on the 3rd of April and i've been told I will pay approximately $1,850 (65,948 THB) to 1.) open a bank account, and 2.) then after a few days my immigration lawyer takes me back to the bank to complete paperwork and to use the online mobile app so I can take out my money at which time 3.) he will take me to immigration to get my 90 day O-Visa and 4.) then go up one floor to have the O-Visa extended to the One Year Retirement Visa and then 5.) the final step is to obtain a re-entry permit.

I would really appreciate any information, direction and advice you and others have to offer.

thanks Doug

"I'm American and leaving for Bangkok on the 3rd of April..."

That sounds a bit strange to me. In order to get the 1-year extension you normally have to have 800k in a Thai bank for two months first. And in order to have a Thai bank account you have an address. I don't see how it could all be done that quickly. With proof of income instead of a lump sum I guess it could go quicker but that's not so easy to arrange.

"use the online mobile app so I can take out my money" For what purpose? How much money?

You could start a new thread about this situation and give more details. Always possible it's a scam or not completely legal.

@rbakker

This is how agents work. They have the 800 k in a bank account and use it at their discretion with their existing relation at the immi office... somewhere in Thailand....

Question is where and what are they going to charge for 90 days and tm30 reports... and next years extension...

On the hook comes to mind

@obeiddoug172

What's is the name of the agent? Is it a registered business or a person offering the services? Did you get a quote that makes sense? On a company letterhead.

If you have the cash 800k do not use an agent as it is going to be a multi year engagement for something extremely simple like the Non O...

Jyst get your stuff in norder... e visa or temp 3 months Non O and get over here.

The requirements for the extension can be downloaded but better to get at your local immigration office and all documents are bi lingual... except for the fine part for overstay or staying without a proper visa..

@petercurr55

Peter, the visa charges at an embassy outside or thailand are set up, due to the economic circumstances as I mentioned earlier, by that embassy. Hence the different fees per country

Has not a lot to due with the Thai Visa System......

Go for evisa, pay the same for all  services from anywhere, same requirements

@martinoo2002

Your info is always good value , thanks ,

Peter,

It is best to come over to Thailand on a 90 day tourist visa that can be obtained on arrival. Then arrange your annual visa, i am over 50 so i obtained a 1year renewable retirement visa when i was in Pattaya. The agent was very efficient and costs for processing very reasonable.  I just renewed it the other day and that took three working days. IT took two weeks for my 1st retirement visa but then thats a lengthier process for newbees. The agent assisted with everything including opening a Bank Bangkok account. If you require more info DM me at +27(0)722515198.

@alffvdh

Where do you see that? Can you share a link?

Thanks

It is best to come over to Thailand on a 90 day tourist visa that can be obtained on arrival.

-@howard2

Can you explain how you got a 90 day tourist visa on arrival?

As I read below on the internet

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-vi … on-arrival

"It is best to come over to Thailand on a 90 day tourist visa that can be obtained on arrival. "

There is no such thing. Maybe there used to be, but there isn't now. Glad to be proven wrong.

Wow how things change quickly here in Thailand . i 1st arrived in Dec 2022 on a 90 day tourist visa on arrival. Apologies but today you need to apply for a 90 day before you enter Thailand.  I know the expat communities are lobbying for it to be reinstated .

@howard2

Where did you get that 90 day tourist visa in 2022?

I still think you are mixing things up as per below

The tourist visa must generally be used within 90 days from the date of issue and allows an initial stay of 60 days. After arrival in Thailand, a tourist visa may be extended at the discretion of an immigration officer once for an additional 30 days with the total period of stay no longer than 90 days.

@ThailandHereICome

Sorry for the late reply, haven't been looking at this site recently. You've probably sorted it by now, but if you haven't go to Google, search Thai Embassy Wellington. On their front page there is a link to their new fees.

Fee for non-immigrant "O"type visa is listed as $800.00.

@martinoo2002

Also, apparently, has something to do with the exchange rate. Not that I see much of a change to the exchange rate NZD to Baht, certainly not anything to warrant a 600% increase. What has changed is the cost of living over here, which might be affecting the Embassy staff so therefore I guess the local economic climate could well dictate the fees.

Just for entertainment....... the new E-Visa application system went live this morning in New Zealand. I thought I'd soak up some time by creating an account as per the online instructions.

What do ya reckon?

Of course, system is down, they are "updating and fixing it" 1f923.svg1f923.svg1f923.svg1f923.svg1f923.svg1f923.svg

Well, no panic...... I've got a month or so.....

The cost of an E-Visa from the Thaiembassy.com site

A Thailand E-Visa will cost USD$82 (or equivalent) no matter your nationality. This payment is made through the E-Visa secure web portal when you submit the application. The fee is non-refundable.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-vi … equivalent)%20no%20matter%20your%20nationality.

A link to the webiste for applying evisa

https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

This can only be done from abroad as at some time they will ask for the ticket (from what I understand from someone that tried)

A link to the manual on how to apply e-visa and it mentions Non O

https://www.thaievisa.go.th/static/English-Manual.pdf

Requirements are clear and similar to any other visa

With the visa, with the exception of an ED visa, you can extend in Thailand for Non-O for the year, but of course with the requirements valid

at your immi office

This is the cheapest and easiest way to go

They are known, from what I have heard, to ask for more docs as initially required  clarification or support

My son and his gf did it initially when he came her for his trainee job an needed an ED visa and the gf requested the tourist visa

Both approved within 2 days

@rbakker apply for a visa on arrival once you arrive at the airport no lawyers needed

@chrisstoltz

The list of countries that are APPROVED for a visa on arrival are limited

And most of western countries are not on the list, Malta Cyprus Romania and Bulgaria are, but thats it

To receive a Visa on Arrival, a traveler must meet the following requirements:

Be from an approved country.

Be visiting Thailand strictly for tourism purposes.

Hold a genuine passport with a valid expiry of more than 30 days.

Be able to list a valid accommodation address in Thailand that can be verified. This address can be a hotel or an apartment.

Must have a confirmed return ticket exiting Thailand within 15 days. Open tickets do not qualify. Traveling overland by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar, etc is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.**

Provide proof of funds of at least 10,000 THB for single travelers, or 20,000 THB per family during your stay in Thailand.

Pay a fee of 2,000 THB upon entry. This fee is subject to change without notice. It must be paid in cash and only Thai currency is accepted.

Almost everything you said there is nonsense. If you are trying to be funny you failed miserably

Almost everything you said there is nonsense. If you are trying to be funny you failed miserably

-@Terrymedlicott

Who are you replying to?  And if they're wrong, what is true.

@chrisstoltz

"apply for a visa on arrival once you arrive at the airport no lawyers needed"

I was tallking about the Non-Immigrant (O) 90-day visa. You can't get that on arrival at the airport (without getting it first approved overseas).

If you mean coming in as a tourist, most Western countries don't need a visa at all, for short visits.

@martinoo2002

i can't understand, because  I did a lot of travels to Thailand with this Visa on Arrival and never they ask me for hotel, fly for come back and so and never i payed 2000 THB

Josep

@martinoo2002
i can't understand, because  I did a lot of travels to Thailand with this Visa on Arrival and never they ask me for hotel, fly for come back and so and never i payed 2000 THB

Josep

-@josepzbv

I think you're getting confused. I see from your profile that you're from Spain so you're entitled to a visa exemption for 30 days. A visa exemption and a visa on arrival aren't the same thing. See https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publi … 236972c562