ICAO line doesn't contain my full name

Hi, Recently I applied for a Vietnam e-visa. I just got an email saying I have an "Incorrect full name (as in ICAO line)"

Here is the name on my passport. My full name is HARRY JANE CAMARON SMITH. Here is how it is mentioned in the passport.

Surname: HARRY

Other Names: JANE CAMARON SMITH

However, my ICAO line only has part of it. It is like

P<AUSHARRY<<JANE<CAMARON<<<<<<<

How I should fill out my application, previously I put "HARRY" under my surname and "JANE CAMARON SMITH" under the given names. But it got rejected. Should I omit the "SMITH" because it isn't on the ICAO line?

Please somebody help me.

Hi, Recently I applied for a Vietnam e-visa. I just got an email saying I have an "Incorrect full name (as in ICAO line)"
Here is the name on my passport. My full name is HARRY JANE CAMARON SMITH. Here is how it is mentioned in the passport.
Surname: HARRY
Other Names: JANE CAMARON SMITH
However, my ICAO line only has part of it. It is like
P<AUSHARRY<<JANE<CAMARON<<<<<<<
How I should fill out my application, previously I put "HARRY" under my surname and "JANE CAMARON SMITH" under the given names. But it got rejected. Should I omit the "SMITH" because it isn't on the ICAO line?
Please somebody help me.   

-@mtjlogins

Hello mtjlogins, and welcome to expat.com.

Yes indeed, omit "SMITH", and echo back your name as it appears on the bottom of your passport info page.

This is the first instance I've seen where a passport contains three "given names". That said, I've little doubt that your application will be approved by amending your application with the "SMITH" name omitted. If denied for a second time, please do not hesitate to reach out to us again. We'll help get you through this.

Please keep the forum updated as your now amended application proceeds. It would be great to hear back from you of your application being approved, and your report would help others who receive a similar denial notice from VN immigration.

Looking forward to hearing back from you with the good news of your eVisa having been issued!

Once again, welcome aboard expat.com.

Hi there,

in my experience dealing with many government agencies and banks or anywhere requirIng your signature or name, write it Exactly as it appears in your Passport.

@taurealist

The member did enter their name, exactly as it appeared on their passport, and it was rejected.

The correct format to follow when submitting one's name on the VN eVisa application is to enter it only as it appears on the bottom of the passport information page (the ICAO line). This is the line/name which matters.

Do not enter the full name if it differs from the ICAO line.

Hi All, Thank you to everyone who replied here.  I've revised my application by excluding the portion of the name that wasn't reflected in the ICAO line. Thankfully, my application got approved after a few days. Fingers crossed it won't pose any issues during boarding. Looking forward to visiting Vietnam by the end of next month.

Hi All, Thank you to everyone who replied here.  I've revised my application by excluding the portion of the name that wasn't reflected in the ICAO line. Thankfully, my application got approved after a few days. Fingers crossed it won't pose any issues during boarding. Looking forward to visiting Vietnam by the end of next month.        -@mtjlogins

Excellent! And thank you so very much for reporting back to the forum of your successfully amended application!

I don't believe you'll have any trouble at the airline's check-in counter/boarding gate. I referenced your post in replying to another member, here. In that thread, I wrote that...

"...there had been one report which I can recall from a couple of years back, where a member had some slight difficulty with the airline due to their "full name" not showing on their eVisa. The member, after speaking to a supervisor at the airline's check-in counter, managed to convince them that the ICAO line matched precisely the name shown on the eVisa. The member was then permitted to board the plane."

Once here we'd love to hear of your impressions/experiences when you find that you have time to write. Should you have any questions in the interim, please don't hesitate to open another new topic for discussion, or jump in and join any of our other ongoing threads, here.

Once again, welcome to the forum, and hope to hear more from you again soon.

So then, next stop for you...VIETNAM!