Amazon alternatives for VN

Hello, just wondering which websites are alternatives for Amazon. I looked at the shipping from Amazon to VN and the cost just does not make sense and items that will ship to VN are limited so wondering if there are alternatives to Amazon when living in VN. What type of payments are accepted on those sites and do they ship or do they deliver with a courier? I pretty much shop on Amazon for most of my needs except for groceries and would be great for find a website or two that can provide something similar.

Thanks!

@qnbui

Lazada.vn, and shopee.vn are very popular here. If shipped into VN from abroad, customs/duties are already included in the price.

My GF uses shopee often. I use lazada (a lot!). Both will deliver C.O.D. on most items.

Have you tried shein?

I used lazada often there. I had deliveries at different addresses, COD, believe it or not. Dude meets me in the lobby, opens the item to assure it's all there, and collects vnd in cash. I bought a phone that way. 5 stars all around.

Have you tried shein?
        -@Imaanfazal7

Is that site exclusively women's apparel?

I used lazada often there. I had deliveries at different addresses, COD, believe it or not. Dude meets me in the lobby, opens the item to assure it's all there, and collects vnd in cash. I bought a phone that way. 5 stars all around.
        -@jimmythepipe24

Agreed. I'm quite happy dealing with Lazada. Recent posts regarding Lazada, here. (Link)

@Aidan in HCMC

Thanks for the info!

@jimmythepipe24

Thanks for the info.

Have you tried shein?

-@Imaanfazal7

Looks like that site is in US currency and a .com. Is the shipping going to be costly to VN?

Another question is how do VNese write prices? Sometimes I feel like the price is missing a digit or two. Am I mistaken?

Another question is how do VNese write prices?

Everything is in "thousands". For example, 100,000 VND would be shown as 100K.

1,000,000 is shown as 1,000K.

If you see a 9 (for a small bottle of water), that is 9,000 VND, or 9K. A bowl of beef noodle soup (phở bò) can be had for 35K.

There are no fractions of a VND (i.e. no decimal numbers less than 1 VND)

Sometimes I feel like the price is missing a digit or two. Am I mistaken?
        -@qnbui

It's common in Asian countries to be "missing a digit or two" should one decide not to pay their gambling debts  <groan> :O

@Aidan in HCMC

Thanks Aidan, those are standard way to write amount but sometimes it just seems too cheap to be correct even for VNese standards.

Yes, Lazada and Shopee.  My wife does most of the shopping for us and buys many things on shopee.  They have some food items that are hard to find in the local stores/markets.  I'm not sure just how she does it but she pays electronically for pretty much everything so it's already paid for when it arrives.  Also, she has returned a few things, sometimes getting a cash refund into the account or ( more often) a credit applied to her next shopee order. She's never had a problem returning anything and rarely needs to. She has used Lazada once or twice but seems to prefer Shopee. I hope this helps.  Happy shopping.

I use Shopee, before to order , checked the graduate of each shop (like amazon). But NEVER PAY BEFORE, you must pay after RECEPTION and CONTROL YOUR ORDER.

@Brigitte Cullet

I know for a fact that my wife does pay electronically so it is possible to pay in advance. It is possible she knows someone personally who works there and has made special arrangements not available to everyone. I really don't know how she set it up but she definitely does pay in advance.

@drutter

Thanks for sharing your wife's shopping experience! Do you know if they deliver to most large cities?

OK, here's an example of the discrepancies of prices that I was referring to. I'm assuming it's probably 15mil but it shows 15K. Can someone explain?

Thanks

_YlkwMr4xE40RER

OK, here's an example of the discrepancies of prices that I was referring to. I'm assuming it's probably 15mil but it shows 15K. Can someone explain?Thanks_YlkwMr4xE40RER-@qnbui

Where did you find that page? Perhaps the site you found this "15,000 / Month" price on can only accommodate numerals on the price input line and not the letter "K", or perhaps a price of "15,000,000 / Month" exceeded the character count length for that line?

Either way, if it's at 15 million/month then that's a great price compared to what I see on Hilton's own (dates Mon,Apr1–Tue,Apr30)  site. (Link)

@qnbui Ive had Shoppee and Lazada deliveries way out in the country in my wife's home town before.

@Brigitte Cullet Hey Brigitte, Interested in how you control your order by paying in cash?  I have had a few problems with Shopee orders (only a small %), but I can't see the problem until after I have received the packages and then opened them. I don't see how paying cash would help. Please advise!

@qnbui

We are in HCMC and they deliver to us so it's probably safe to presume they would deliver in other large cities but I don't personally know of any other large cities they have delivered to. If I were you, I'd go to their website and see if you can get an answer there.

@jrharvey

Thanks! I would assume they would deliver to Da Nang then.

@drutter

I'm not in VN yet so I don't have an address to check and my VNese is not good but I'll check the websites to see if I can find any info.

Thanks

@Aidan in HCMC

Aidan, the posting is from Facebook Marktetplace for Da Nang. I was just looking for an example of the pricing discrepancy to show as an example and wasn't looking to rent a place.

@Aidan in HCMC Aidan, the posting is from Facebook Marktetplace for Da Nang. I was just looking for an example of the pricing discrepancy to show as an example and wasn't looking to rent a place.       -@qnbui

Understood.

My link was intended only as an example of such a pricing discrepancy.

Also, both lazada.vn and shopee.vn have the option to display their page(s) in English.

Both deliver to all points in VN, with the relative shipping charge showing (after logging in to your account) on the item's page, and during check-out/payment.

I use Shopee a lot. But even with the English option, all product descriptions remain in VNese; only a few menus at top of page are in English. You have to use Google Translate on any product page.

As far as using Amazon, you can't use it to buy vitamins and supplements. VN won't allow them unless you have an import license. Same for any other foreign supplement companies. You have to buy them on Shopee or Lazada and wonder if they are fake or real.