Change dates on Visa help/question

I have to change my dates of arrival. Can that be done or do I need to go through the evisa process again? 

it's like a weeks difference. Thanks for any help you can give.

I have to change my dates of arrival. Can that be done or do I need to go through the evisa process again?  it's like a weeks difference. Thanks for any help you can give.         -@TwinlessTwin

Hello TwinlessTwin, and welcome to the forum.

Your current eVisa is valid for entry from its "Good for entry valid from" date, up to the day prior to its expiration.

You must exit Vietnam on or before your current eVisa's expiration date, noted on the eVisa as the "until" date.

I hope this answers your question. If not, or if you'd like clarification, please do not hesitate to ask further questions.

Once again, welcome aboard expat.com.

thank you for answering. my dates have changed and should i try to do a new evisa or ?

my dates are may 1 - 30

i need days may 5 to june 5

what do you recommend?

thank you for answering. my dates have changed and should i try to do a new evisa or ?
my dates are may 1 - 30

i need days may 5 to june 5

what do you recommend?
        -@TwinlessTwin

You're quite welcome.

Have you already received an approved eVisa? If so, what are the "Good for..." and the "until" dates?

We always encourage applicants to apply for the full 90 days permitted on tourist eVisas. That way slight variations in their arrival/departure dates would not present a problem.

Good for 1/05 until 30/05

thank you for answering. my dates have changed and should i try to do a new evisa or ? my dates are may 1 - 30 i need days may 5 to june 5what do you recommend?        -@TwinlessTwin

You're quite welcome.
Have you already received an approved eVisa? If so, what are the "Good for..." and the "until" dates?

We always encourage applicants to apply for the full 90 days permitted on tourist eVisas. That way slight variations in their arrival/departure dates would not present a problem.

-@Aidan in HCMC

-@TwinlessTwin

The eVisa you currently hold will permit you to enter on your new May5th arrival date, but you must then exit on its expiration date of May30th.

If you wish to stay until your new departure date of June5th you must, unfortunately, apply for a new eVisa.

If you do decide to apply for a new eVisa, indicate on it your arrival date of May5th (05/05/2024), and the departure/until date of Aug2nd (02/08/2024). Immigration now counts your date of arrival as day one.

Just a note to the casual reader of this thread: this is unfortunately what can happen when a visa with inflexible dates is purchased.

I ALWAYS recommend the 90 day evisa for everyone traveling here for 1 month or more.

Yes, I understand it's $25 USD more, but it's valuable insurance, especially if you are injured or sick on your scheduled day of departure, or (as in the OP's case) there is a need to change travel dates, either for personal reasons or unexpected flight changes by airlines or some type of disaster or civil unrest.

I would never recommend planning a 30-day visit on a 30 day visa.

I always recommend that first-time visitors book their visa through a trustworthy agent.

Just a note to the casual reader of this thread: this is unfortunately what can happen when a visa with inflexible dates is purchased.

I ALWAYS recommend the 90 day evisa for everyone traveling here for 1 month or more.

Yes, I understand it's $25 USD more, but it's valuable insurance, especially if you are injured or sick on your scheduled day of departure, or (as in the OP's case) there is a need to change travel dates, either for personal reasons or unexpected flight changes by airlines or some type of disaster or civil unrest.

I would never recommend planning a 30-day visit on a 30 day visa.

I always recommend that first-time visitors book their visa through a trustworthy agent.
       -@OceanBeach92107

Good advice, OB, but there is no cost difference. There really is no reason at all for applicants to not apply for the full 90 days.

A 30 day single entry, up to a 90 day single entry are the same price, i.e. $25USD.

A 30 or up to a 90 day multiple entry are similarly the same price, being $50USD.

So i can scrap this visa and reaply for a 90 day?

@TwinlessTwin

Yes, absolutely apply for the 90 day eVisa. You might want to move your arrival date back a day (or two?). May4th or even the 3rd would allow you some leeway in your travel plans.

I just took a quick look at the immigration application page, which has apparently changed yet again. No longer is the applicant required to calculate/input an "Exit from Vietnam" date. This will be calculated by the system to reflect the number of days you indicate as your intended length of stay. Simply enter "90" for the intended length of stay.

You are free to exit Vietnam at any point of your choosing after your entry, and are not bound by the expiration/"until" date which will appear on your approved eVisa.

Intended length of stay in Viet Nam (number of days) * = 90

Intended date of entry (DD/MM/YYYY) * = 05/05/2024  (or any other date of your choosing, provided that date is later than/after the date of the application itself)

Hi, I wanted to thank all for your help. Can you recommend me to anyone in USA or a company(s) you respect to help with my new 90 visa application. I'd like to get started on it today if possible.

Again, Thank You!

@TwinlessTwin
Yes, absolutely apply for the 90 day eVisa. You might want to move your arrival date back a day (or two?). May4th or even the 3rd would allow you some leeway in your travel plans.
I just took a quick look at the immigration application page, which has apparently changed yet again. No longer is the applicant required to calculate/input an "Exit from Vietnam" date. This will be calculated by the system to reflect the number of days you indicate as your intended length of stay. Simply enter "90" for the intended length of stay.
You are free to exit Vietnam at any point of your choosing after your entry, and are not bound by the expiration/"until" date which will appear on your approved eVisa.

Intended length of stay in Viet Nam (number of days) * = 90
Intended date of entry (DD/MM/YYYY) * = 05/05/2024  (or any other date of your choosing, provided that date is later than/after the date of the application itself)

-@Aidan in HCMC

Hi, I wanted to thank all for your help. Can you recommend me to anyone in USA or a company(s) you respect to help with my new 90 visa application. I'd like to get started on it today if possible. Again, Thank You!        -@TwinlessTwin

Did you have an agent/help with your first application?

If not, it's really not a difficult process to apply for the eVisa. Give it a try, by starting here (Link). Click the confirmation box at the bottom of that page to start the application.

Ask us any questions regarding the application, should you need help completing it yourself.

Hi, I wanted to thank all for your help. Can you recommend me to anyone in USA or a company(s) you respect to help with my new 90 visa application. I'd like to get started on it today if possible.

-@TwinlessTwin

Send me a private message and I'll recommend a couple of trustworthy agents.

-@Aidan in HCMC

Aaaaaaaand..... it's back on the application again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requested information

e-Visa request information

Single - entry     Multiple - entry

Grant Evisa valid from 

(DD/MM/YYYY) *     To     (DD/MM/YYYY) *

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can use an online date calculator, here (Link), to calculate the days from arrival.

Make sure you check the box titled, "Include end date in calculation (1 day is added)" on that date calculator's page, as immigration is now counting the date of arrival as day 1.

Vietnam's "90 day eVisa" expires 89 days from the "Good for entry valid from" date shown on the approved eVisa.

This is the official site:  https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/g … g-chu-ttdt

This is the official site:  https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/g … g-chu-ttdt-@garycounihan

Hello garycounihan, welcome to the forum and thank you for your first post.

The link you provided is to VN immigration's web portal for all visa applications. From there one chooses one of three categories, being a) foreigners applying for tourist visas, b) employers/sponsors applying on behalf of their new recruits, and c) int'l airlines applying on behalf of their flight crews.

A direct link to the tourist eVisa application, which member TwinlessTwin was asking for help with, can be accessed/found here. (Link, post #12)

Hello, I applied for a visa last minute and the exit date is wrong. It is supposed to be from the 14/03/2024 - 04/04/2024 but for some reason it has till the 03/04/24!

I am stressing out a lot, not sure what my options are. Do I apply for a new one when I am over there?

Hello, I applied for a visa last minute and the exit date is wrong.

Hello j-lyn11, and welcome to the expat.com VN forum.

It is supposed to be from the 14/03/2024 - 04/04/2024 but for some reason it has till the 03/04/24!

I'm going to assume, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that you stated your intended length of stay in Vietnam would be for 21 days. If this is the case, your eVisa's "valid until" date is correct by VN immigration's calculations. Your date of arrival is counted as Day 1.

I am stressing out a lot, not sure what my options are.

Being that it is now Mar12th, it is too late for you to submit a new eVisa application prior to your arrival and receive a response by the 14th.

Will your intended departure on Apr4th be by air? If so, overstays of 1 day have been reported by members to result in an overstay fine of ~1,250,000 VND (~$76 AUD), payable at the customs/immigration office at int'l air crossings. Overstay fines must be paid at the int'l airport, and departure must be by air.

Though it is too late for you to submit a new eVisa application, there are agents who are used by long-time members of this forum who may be able to secure you a new rush eVisa within two days. I'm going to send you the contact info for a member who can put you in contact with the agent.

Time is of the essence. Your choices at this point are a) overstay by one day and pay the fine, b) change your departure date to Apr3rd, or, c) use the services of a trusted agent, vouched for by various forum members to secure a rush eVisa (I've no idea as to the cost for an agent).

Do I apply for a new one when I am over there?    @j-lyn11

To activate/use an eVisa obtained while you are in Vietnam, you must exit the country and reenter with that new eVisa.

Please keep us updated on how you proceed with this. It would be of great assistance to members who find themselves in similar circumstances.

(To casual readers of the forum, we always recommend that when applying for a VN eVisa that you take advantage of immigration's allowance of up to a 90 day stay. Your departure from VN is not bound by the eVisa's "valid until" date, and you are free to exit through any of the int'l air/land/sea crossings at any date prior to the eVisa's expiry.)

Thanks for your reply, its really helpful.

I'm happy to pay the fine when leaving VN but will there be issues arriving? I'm not sure if they cross check my visa with the flight details.

Otherwise I might just change my flight back for peace of mind

Thanks for your reply, its really helpful.

You're quite welcome. My pleasure.

I'm happy to pay the fine when leaving VN but will there be issues arriving? I'm not sure if they cross check my visa with the flight details.

You'll have no issues upon arrival. In fact, proof of onward travel out of Vietnam is not required. Immigration does not look at your departure flight details.

Otherwise I might just change my flight back for peace of mind
        -@j-lyn11

If you can then that would be, by far, the simplest solution.

In any event, just two more sleeps and you'll be here. :)

While it's not a good idea to over stay in any country there is some leeway when it's only the next day and it wasn't your fault to begin with.

(That's why you should double check everything is correct on first receiving your Evisa)

But past experience from friends in this same situation have been in found that its up to the immigration official if they fine you or not as often one day over can be within their grace period.

Smiling a lot and being polite can help considerably.

What's that saying about catching more flies with honey than vinegar.  Lol.