DR Real Estate

Hello all, im a new member and was hoping to get some information, im looking to retire in 2-3 years and want to purchase a retirement condo for myself, 1 bedroom close to the beach, I would like to stay between Santo Domingo and Punta Cana area, could anyone recommend some ares that i can research and explore that would have the best bang for the buck if that makes sense??

Thank You and have a great day

Juan Dolio, La Romana are two areas to check out

Thank you for the advice

one of the big decision factors is will you be buying a car. if yes you are more flexible in areas to relocate to. if not, then you want to be more central (Bavaro area in Punta Cana would be a good choice) as there are plenty of markets, activities, beaches, etc. nearby.

Bang for the buck is usually not in Bavaro. Like @planner said Juan Dolio and La Romana are good options. Avoid Boca Chica, that has become a bad place. I do not know La Romana but I like Juan Dolio, it is relatively quiet and has a nice beach.

La Romana is more of a small city with pretty much most services available!

You also get what you pay for as well folks, no?

@ondami

Not always, like everywhere high demand locations drive up the price. Its up to you if that is worth it.

@Papito NL true.

I think most folks here would agree that you shouldn't buy before you live somewhere! Living in DR is not for everyone, and buying real estate is a helluva lot easier than selling it! Use your time before retirement to visit different areas, rent in different developments, and then when you are ready to move here, rent for at least 6 months and know you are going to want to stay before you buy. Unless you are perfectly fine potentially tying up money in a place you won't live in and might not be able to rent out.