TRC renewal.

My wife and I will submit paperwork for a new spousal TRC at Nguyen Trai Immigration. Does anyone know if I can pick it up instead of her?

My wife and I will submit paperwork for a new spousal TRC at Nguyen Trai Immigration. Does anyone know if I can pick it up instead of her?

-@cabraman

Definitely NOT (no).

The wife (or other sponsor) MUST pick up the TRC

When requesting the TRC, you and sponsor must go together.

Once the TRC is confirmed and ready, you can go alone by yourself for and pay the fee.  Just don't forget to check the new entry stamp in your passport and the passport number correctly is in your TRC.

Only  you OR your sponsor are the authorized to receive it.  They don't either accept notarized powers authorizing your family

When requesting the TRC, you and sponsor must go together.
Once the TRC is confirmed and ready, you can go alone by yourself for and pay the fee.  Just don't forget to check the new entry stamp in your passport and the passport number correctly is in your TRC.

Only  you OR your sponsor are the authorized to receive it.  They don't either accept notarized powers authorizing your family

-@ajairon

You are sharing inaccurate and very confusing information in broken English syntax again.

The fee must be paid when the application is submitted by the sponsor.

Only the sponsor is allowed to pick up the TRC.

Question, I want to know whether after getting TRC, one does not have to do border bounce every six months?

Question, I want to know whether after getting TRC, one does not have to do border bounce every six months?

-@Dartanz

It's possible you are talking about a Visa Exemption Certificate (VEC) which is a 5-years valid document that can be used for 6 month periods of time before you are usually required to bounce to the border (unless you receive an extension).

If you are the spouse (or other family member) of a person of Vietnamese ancestry you can apply for that document outside Vietnam, and it will first be activated upon arriving in Vietnam.

The Temporary Resident Card (TRC) is a document good for 2 to 5 years of residency in Vietnam but can only be obtained (if you qualify) by applying for the card in Vietnam.

@OceanBeach92107

Thank you very much for your response.

I already have a 5 years visa exemption certificate stamped on my passport, current stay period expires in May.

I am going to apply for TRC for 3 years if it is approved it that means I don't need to do border bounce in May. Am I right?

This is rather a stupid question but just want to be sure.

@OceanBeach92107

PS: I am currently in Vietnam.

@OceanBeach92107
Thank you very much for your response.

I already have a 5 years visa exemption certificate stamped on my passport, current stay period expires in May.

I am going to apply for TRC for 3 years if it is approved it that means I don't need to do border bounce in May. Am I right?

This is rather a stupid question but just want to be sure.

-@Dartanz

That depends on when you are "going to apply" for the TRC.

If you wait too long, you could find yourself needing to leave & reenter the country.

If you apply by mid April you should be ok

@OceanBeach92107
PS: I am currently in Vietnam.

-@Dartanz

Where are you (your wife) applying for your TRC?

I highly recommend you check ahead of time to be certain they will accept your application while you are here on a VEC.

Some people have reported being required to first get a TT visa approved.

@OceanBeach92107 Thank you very much for the advice. Highly appreciated.

@OceanBeach92107

Yes, my wife will apply for TRC.

What is TT?

@OceanBeach92107
Yes, my wife will apply for TRC.

What is TT?

-@Dartanz

See this thread:

expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1002203

@OceanBeach92107 hello, I did that paperwork twice (last time on November 2023), and both times I went to pickup my documentation by myself and both times I paid once my TRC was issued.  All my collaborations are based in the law, procedures,  my own researches and finally confirmed with my own experiences. Otherwise I will say "I think"

@Dartanz  "TT"  is the Visa/TRC type corresponding to "family/spouse".  Another common abbreviation  is "LD" for "Working as Employee"

@Dartanz hello,    once you get your TRC, that is "multipass" and you can out and enter whenever you want

TRC-TT (sponsored by family) is maximun up to 3 years (depending the fee you have paid)

TRC-LD (sponsored by employeer) is maximun up to 2 years

TRC for 5 to 10 years only if you are working for the republic or you represent a company with a capital over USD$ 4M