Vietnam visa run at Moc Bai border question

Hello,

As the title states, I need to do a visa run soon. I have older smaller bills(meaning not crisp, like for exchanging for VND, etc. Will they be accepted for a Cambodia visa for entering Cambodia?

I looked online and could not find the answer.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,As the title states, I need to do a visa run soon. I have older smaller bills(meaning not crisp, like for exchanging for VND, etc. Will they be accepted for a Cambodia visa for entering Cambodia?I looked online and could not find the answer.Thanks in advance.        -@peterpan75

That is certainly a question best addressed here.

You might want to indicate on that forum which countries currency your "small bills" are in (Riel, VND, USD,?). Reports from members is that the Cambodia border officers accept any of those three currencies.

@Aidan in HCMC Thanks for the reply and will ask over there. They are USD.

But I figured asking here may be applicable as well, as I would think some members have done this visa run?

@Aidan in HCMC Thanks for the reply and will ask over there. They are USD.
But I figured asking here may be applicable as well, as I would think some members have done this visa run?
        -@peterpan75

I'm thinking the easiest route for you is to convert your USD to VND, and bring those with you.

The Cambodian officers will be very well used to seeing less-than-mint-condition  VNDs and will happily accept them, provided the VND notes are not damaged :)

Please let us know what you learn from the Cambodia forum, and how your run goes.

@Aidan in HCMC I have VND already, though, I have these older smaller USD bills that I cannot change here because they are not "perfect" in Vietnam, hence the question at hand. Are you sure the Cambodia border will accept VND?

@Aidan in HCMC I have VND already, though, I have these older smaller USD bills that I cannot change here because they are not "perfect" in Vietnam, hence the question at hand. Are you sure the Cambodia border will accept VND?
        -@peterpan75

Okay, understood now. You had said...

I have older smaller bills(meaning not crisp, like for exchanging for VND, etc.

...and so my suggestion to convert to VND. Try using the small USD notes at the Cambodia border. I suspect that Cambodia's border officers will be familiar enough with USD to not insist the notes be as perfect as many VN people/shops/institutions insist. You've nothing to lose in trying (my bet is that they accept them).

And yes, I'm sure that VND are accepted at any of the CAM / VN int'l border crossings.

@Aidan in HCMC

Sounds like a good plan. Will bring both and hope they take my old USD bills. If not, will have some decent VND with me.

Thanks again.

@peterpan75 Cambodia is the same as far as taking old USD. Nobody wants the old bill. Save them and take them back to USA.