Change Dependent Visa

Hi All,

Me and my wife moved to Netherlands in 2022 as she got a job and got an HSM visa. I and our daughter moved with her on a dependent visa. After 2 years I have landed myself a job in an IT company. However, my wife is wanting to go back to our origin country. Since I am on a dependent visa I understand that with her moving back, I too will have to move back. However, is there a procedure or a chance that I can convert my dependent visa into a HSM or any other visa so that I dont have to move back? Please suggest as I am completely unaware of the process but at the same time would like to work here for a few more years.

Hi All,
Me and my wife moved to Netherlands in 2022 as she got a job and got an HSM visa. I and our daughter moved with her on a dependent visa. After 2 years I have landed myself a job in an IT company. However, my wife is wanting to go back to our origin country. Since I am on a dependent visa I understand that with her moving back, I too will have to move back. However, is there a procedure or a chance that I can convert my dependent visa into a HSM or any other visa so that I dont have to move back? Please suggest as I am completely unaware of the process but at the same time would like to work here for a few more years.

-@GiggsRandhawa

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The Dutch Government department that deals with these matters is the IND; this link will take you straight to their website Service and Contact section, from there you will be able to access how to contact them and ask them your question directly.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team