Are there any members of this forum in the TRNC?

Hello!

My husband and I are Canadian and now living and working in Spain. We're visiting his family in the TRNC and considering moving into a new development community at the end of 2025.

Are there any members of this forum in the TRNC? I browsed through the past posts and it looks like most are in the south 1f642.svg

We're also trying to decide if we will stay in Madrid/Spain after our lease is done this June. Is there somewhere on expat.com I can go to explore options of where we could live between this summer and when the condo will be ready?

Thanks

Julia

Hello Julia,

Welcome on board !

Please note that I have opened this new thread on the Cyprus forum so that members can guide you.

All the best

Bhavna

@juliay hi what is it you would like to know ?

@juliay

To be honest not many unless they are just reading rather than commenting...

I have repeatedly asked for a sub group specifically for TRNC and had no real response from the admin team, which is disappointing. It may be helpful if anyone who reads this forum could indicate their interest in a dedicated forum for TRNC

However I see a reply above hopefully the responder will be able to help you.

Good luck

@burneyleslie

I'm mostly curious how difficult it would be to work remotely being based in Cyprus. Is the TRNC recognized by any companies?

@Toon

Thank you. I did notice you started a thread a few years ago asking about members in the TRNC but with little response.

We are looking at buying a property in a new development community here, and it seems there are many expats from Germany, Sweden and the UK there. I wonder if they simply haven't found this forum or, like you suggested, are only reading.

If we do end up moving here, I'm happy to share my experience.

That's good to know as if they do decide to create a dedicated forum for TRNC then they will need a expert located there.

I did consider buying  holiday home there but having been many times we decided against it.. just personal choice nothing more.

@Toon

I can understand that. My husband's family is here so it makes the whole process easier for us.

@juliay

Some good news I will be speaking to the head honcho of expat.com next week in order to get a speedy resolution and a subsection for North Cyprus.. or TRNC ....  as you live there and I don't know what would be the most politically correct header as I am conscious of not causing offence to either side...

@juliay

Hi.  I have property in the South but live in the TRNC.

@habergham Nice to meet you! Do you have any familiarity with working remotely for an international company from the TRNC? Im looking at remote positions and unsure if being here will be a challenge administratively.