Living and Working in cape Verde

I have a brother in law who wanted to relocate to cape Verde to live and work. Can somebody help please?

I have a brother in law who wanted to relocate to cape Verde to live and work. Can somebody help please?         -@wbtomori

Hi Wbtomori,

I assume your brother-in-law understands that Cape Verde is a very tiny, poor country with high rates of unemployment and thus few job opportunities?

Does he also understand that no English is spoken here and that to work here, he needs to be fluent in Portuguese, the official language or at least the local language, kriolu?

Let me know what is his response.

Cheers,

Angelo

Hi everyone,
A brother in law is interested in moving to Cape Verde, we will like to be guided in our every step.

-@wbtomori

Hi Wbtomori,

To move to Cape Verde, your brother will need to have a reason/objective for relocating here in order to eventually obtain a residency visa.

He will also need to be aware that English is not spoken here. The official language is Portuguese or the local language which is kriolu. So he will need to take language lessons. Without the language skill set it is virtually impossible to relocate here successfully unless he has a foreign source of income, such as a pension.

He will also need to be aware that the unemployment rates are high for Portuguese speakers because there are no jobs (or only menial jobs). The average wage is around $200 per month. Professionals make significantly more (but are REQUIRED to speak Portuguese). For foreigners who speak no Portuguese, the unemployment rate is 100%.

Most foreigners without a foreign source of income, start a local business. This requires a significant investment. And to run a successful local business, the business owner needs to speak Portuguese or kriolu.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck,

Angelo

Hello everyone,

Please note that I've added post 3 to this existing thread of the Cape Verde forum (the OP had already opened a thread).

We are looking forward to hearing from him.

Regards

Bhavna