Confused about return airfare requirement

Hello! I understand that ordinarily the airline will expect someone entering the Philippines on a tourist visa to show evidence of a return flight scheduled within 30 days, but what if you hold an ACR with a tourist visa extension of, say, 2 to 6 months? Do you still need evidence of a return flight and, if so, can it be scheduled up to the end of the extension period? Thanks

@Brojeslov You still need to show an exit flight within 30 days. Just go buy a throwaway from one of those sights the day of your flight back to the Philippines. Costs like $15. I did it when we went to Thailand for 4 days last year. And I, like you, had a ARC and visa (which started all fresh again).

@Brojeslov

Larry is correct if you come here on the standard visitor visa then renew with BI once you leave it starts all over. If you come in on a multi entry visa 5/12 months then you have no worries as long as you leave the country every 59 days or less, if you over stay the 59 day scenario then you will need to go to a BI office and re apply for a visitor visa.

The 30 day exit rule is confusing to say the least and there are many posting on the subject, personally I've never had a problem whether 6 weeks or 6 months over the years and my last entry was on a 9 week exit ticket less than a year ago and no problems.

I have mentioned before that it's best to get it straight from the horses mouth, approach your airline and see their requirements as they will be the ones stopping you boarding based on their understanding of the immigration departments wording.

Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

Hi im coming over in july no visa but applying for classic srrv when i arrive to stay permanently would i still need an exit flight

@renegadesric529 If you don't already have the permanent residency visa before you fly out, expect to need the 30 day exit ticket at the airport when you depart. It's not a big deal really. Just buy a $15 throwaway from one of those websites on your way to the airport.

@bigpearl

I have mentioned before that it's best to get it straight from the horses mouth, approach your airline and see their requirements as they will be the ones stopping you boarding based on their understanding of the immigration departments wording.

Yes and make sure you get it in writing i.e email.* That way if the check in clerk says differently you have written proof and they would be contractually obliged to refund you the airfare if denied boarding. Airline call centres are notoriously inaccurate with information given out. The call centre work is often contracted out to external organisations.

*But don't hold your breath waiting for a reply.

@Larry Fisher

cheers larry  for help pal

Thanks for info everyone

@bigpearl

Yes and make sure you get it in writing i.e email.* That way if the check in clerk says differently you have written proof and they would be contractually obliged to refund you the airfare if denied boarding. Airline call centres are notoriously inaccurate with information given out. The call centre work is often contracted out to external organisations.

*But don't hold your breath waiting for a reply.

Never had a problem in 13 years and 2 dozen, maybe 30 odd visits here was never refused boarding to come to the Philippines even with 6 month out exit tickets, same with immi on visa renewal, as said seems we all suffer different rules.

Cheers, Steve.

-@Lotus Eater

renegadesric529 said. . . . Hi im coming over in july no visa but applying for classic srrv when i arrive to stay permanently would i still need an exit flight

How much does it cost for an ATM to fly from UK to the Philippines?

Slow down, from your previous posts, it seems your plans are nice but a little premature, selling your stuff, buying some sort of transportation and getting your SRRV. All this on one visit to the Philippines.

All these big decisions on one visit to the Philippines.The land of smiles and Expat quicksand.

@Enzyte Bob

£900 return flight from UK

will come over stay and after a few months it goes tits up then i can move on

i have 3 pregnant pigs so when i return i have the start of a business so have income then expand into other ideas i have as she lives on a farm i have plenty of space

@Enzyte Bob£900 return flight from UKwill come over stay and after a few months it goes tits up then i can move on i have 3 pregnant pigs so when i return i have the start of a business so have income then expand into other ideas i have as she lives on a farm i have plenty of space         -@renegadesric529

I checked for airfares from Manchester to Manila yesterday with a stopover in KL on the way there and after checking different dates in April found a price of £734 on Skyscanner. Have you looked into a stopover on the way there and tried different dates? The original dates I put in came up with a price of £1000.

@Cherryann01

maybe july onwards or november so miss rainy season

@Enzyte Bob£900 return flight from UKwill come over stay and after a few months it goes tits up then i can move on i have 3 pregnant pigs so when i return i have the start of a business so have income then expand into other ideas i have as she lives on a farm i have plenty of space         -@renegadesric529
I checked for airfares from Manchester to Manila yesterday with a stopover in KL on the way there and after checking different dates in April found a price of £734 on Skyscanner. Have you looked into a stopover on the way there and tried different dates? The original dates I put in came up with a price of £1000.

-@Cherryann01

I hope that's not Malayasian Airlines CA. They have a penchant for one way flights 1f644.svg

@Cherryann01
maybe july onwards or november so miss rainy season

-@renegadesric529

Yes many first time visitors do not take into account the rainy season which really starts to kick in around  July time. November is a good month to visit particularly as this is the start of the northern hemisphere winter. That said the EL Nino weather phenomenon this year may well diminish rainfall in south east asia this coming summer, but don't bet on it.

@Lotus Eater

emirates i fly

@Enzyte Bob£900 return flight from UKwill come over stay and after a few months it goes tits up then i can move on i have 3 pregnant pigs so when i return i have the start of a business so have income then expand into other ideas i have as she lives on a farm i have plenty of space         -@renegadesric529I checked for airfares from Manchester to Manila yesterday with a stopover in KL on the way there and after checking different dates in April found a price of £734 on Skyscanner. Have you looked into a stopover on the way there and tried different dates? The original dates I put in came up with a price of £1000.        -@Cherryann01

I hope that's not Malayasian Airlines CA. They have a penchant for one way flights 1f644.svg-@Lotus Eater

Saudi via Jeddah plus Air Asia for the KL to Manila leg

@Cherryann01

Saudi seem to be quite aggressive at the moment with their pricing. My neighbour and his Filipina wife are flying out with them in July to their house in Dumaguete. Was surprised to hear they fly out of Manchester.

A note of caution with KLIA as Kuala Lumpur's airport out in the boondocks is 'affectionately' known as.

On my recent visit in November to Phnom Penh I flew with Air Asia from Manila via KLIA. The change of aircraft necessitated a 'route march' across the airport terminal. At least now they have some decent coffee shops which were absent when I last used the airport about 10 years ago. I was pleasantly impressed though with Air Asia's service and punctuality. As far as I'm aware no alcohol on board with Saudi which is good news for Mugtech ;)

As far as I'm aware no alcohol on board with Saudi which is good news for Mugtech wink.png-@Lotus Eater

Good news for everybody, no drunk and disorderly passengers.

@mugteck

hope they have upgraded their toilets not nice having a dump down a hole in the floor

got a bit drafty and made a mess on the backdraft😃

Lotus Eater said.....   As far as I'm aware no alcohol on board with Saudi which is good news for Mugtech

(1) This is the Captain Speaking we will be flying high today at 40,000 feet. 

(2) This is the Captain Speaking, I've been sober for two days.

(3) Applause

@mugteck
hope they have upgraded their toilets not nice having a dump down a hole in the floor
got a bit drafty and made a mess on the backdraft😃

-@renegadesric529

When in Rome.

Cheers, Steve.

@Brojeslov If you hold an ACR with a tourist visa extension, you may still be required to show evidence of a return flight within 30 days. It's advisable to check with the specific airline and immigration regulations, but having a return flight within the extension period can often meet the requirements. Safe travels!

We can't all be as lucky as Steve. Buy that throwaway just in case.

Not luck Lotus simply how it's been for me and all are having different experiences with the "30 day rule" as we can all read here. I in 13 years have only ever purchased one throw away ticket, Manila/Hong Kong 9 weeks out. I call it throw away because I never had plans to go to Hong Kong, that was a year ago and never questioned only the clearance on the boarding pass and yes I threw that flight away/no show.

That 30 day rule is sad, as a visitor you can extend up to 36 months once landed in country, one wonders if there are kick backs? I'm sure immi can spot throw away tickets whether 30 or 180 days out but never question, welcome to the Philippines sir.

As stated check with your carrier their readings of the 30 day rule.

Regardless while this debacle goes on much better to have a throw away ticket within the 30 days until the laws are made clear for all to digest. (airlines) Immi don't seem to have a problem.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

@Brojeslov If you hold an ACR with a tourist visa extension, you may still be required to show evidence of a return flight within 30 days. It's advisable to check with the specific airline and immigration regulations, but having a return flight within the extension period can often meet the requirements. Safe travels!

-@infomodcarparking

HAL told me:

Hello, this is HAL 8000. Thank you for sharing this useful information. 😊

I assume you are talking about the Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) issued by the Philippines Bureau of Immigration (BI). This is a document that certifies the registration and legal status of a foreign national in the Philippines.

According to the BI website, foreign nationals who are admitted with an initial stay of thirty (30) days may apply for a visa waiver first, granting an additional stay of twenty-nine (29) days. They may then apply for one (1) month, two (2) months or six (6) months extensions at least one week prior to the expiration of their valid stay.

However, as you mentioned, some airlines and immigration authorities may still require evidence of a return or onward flight within 30 days of arrival, regardless of the visa extension status. This is to ensure that the traveler has a valid exit plan and does not intend to overstay in the country.

Therefore, it is advisable to check with the specific airline and immigration regulations before booking a flight to the Philippines, and to have a flexible or refundable ticket that can be changed or canceled if needed. Alternatively, some travelers may opt to use a service that provides a temporary flight reservation for a small fee, which can be shown as proof of onward travel.

I hope this clarifies the situation and helps you plan your trip. Safe travels! 🛫

: https://immigration.gov.ph/faqs/acr-i-card : https://immigration.gov.ph/visa-require … isa-waiver : https://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/c … quirement/ : https://www.onwardticket.com/

infomodcarparking said . . . . If you hold an ACR with a tourist visa extension, you may still be required to show evidence of a return flight within 30 days. It's advisable to check with the specific airline and immigration regulations, but having a return flight within the extension period can often meet the requirements. Safe travels!

infomodcarparking bio said he is in Pakistan.

I looked at the Expat/Pakistan postings and nary a peep from you. I doubt you could even find Pakistan on the map.

You are repeating what has been said many times.

I do not think there is a definitive answer to this question considering that airline policies seem to vary depending on which carrier you use and also the immigration officers may or may not insist on seeing proof of onward travel within 30 days.

So that said, I would say it is best for anybody with even the slightest doubt about this to purchase a throw away ticket, book a flexible ticket or use the company that charges a few dollars to list your flight on the passenger manifest for 48 hours before removing it.

I remember somebody saying they purchased a refundable onward ticket a few hours before departing for the Philippines and then cancelling it on arrival if no proof of exit within 30 days was asked for. Best to play it safe in my opinion.

Thanks for all your replies

@danfinn

This is correct.

I was asked for proof of exit ticket withing 30 days in Dec 2022 and Nov 2023.  It is the airline who asked for the proof so they are not on the hook.

Immigration did not ask for proof.  If the airline asks for proof and you don't have it.  You won't be getting on the plane and you will not get a refund.

Buy a throwaway or buy a Cebu pacific flight with Flex add on for another country.  Less than $100 and once you land here you can refund it into a travel fund to be used on your next cebu pacific flight around the islands

Donald