Return/ongoing ticket on 90 day visa

I'm planning on going to Thailand on the 90 day visa from Australia then extending year by year on the non immigrant OA. I'm 55 retiring there. Do I need to arrive with a return or ongoing ticket?  If so what do people usually do? Get a cheap ticket to a close by country then cancel it?

@shenpa

return ticket not required , i was never asked for one

I was also not asked for one. But I had a fully refundable one-way out of Thailand ready, just in case.

I arrived on Nov 1 for 90 day and was not asked for

return ticket. Also, just extended for one year

@scbrock next week i will apply for a extension of my 90 day non immigrant , visa , next week , im wanting at least  3 months , you say you have received a 1 year extension , were you required to present any addional detalis ,

i would be most interested to know please

Peter

@scbrock may i ask did you have to open an account with B800k?

@shenpa

For any extension, retired or married, you need to show;

Bank balance, at least 2 months or

Income, Thai company, Commercial registration, Financial Information last year etc. etc.

House owner book and their ID

+ necessary application forms and reports (TM49, TM30)

And then for the married extension there are more requirements like marriage certificate

confirmation from Amphur you are still married, pictures of you and partner in and around the house

You have to be accompanied by either 2 or 1 witnesses, cannot be people registered in the same house/address

+ necessary application forms and reports (TM49, TM30)

Then this application will be sent to Bangkok where it will be reviewed

@scbrock

Congratulations on your extension! Please share as many details as you can as I'm now 11 days away from doing the extension myself. Exactly what did you have to show them, if I may be so bold? Just as a guide to what I might get asked.

Thanks!

@rbakker

Bes t thing you can do is go to your Immi office and ask them the list THEY want to see for your extension

As it can differ a little bit between immi offices.

I recently moved from A to C and in C they asked for more information then I ever had to give at any other immi office ( 5 in my case)

Documents from and information about my (long passed) parents, a confirmation from BOI/IEAT that my work permit was cancelled (!)

which both have nothing to do with my marriage extension

But hey, don't comply, no extension

@shenpa

No 400k im married to A Thai

Shenpa

I have the required 800k in Bank of Bangkok.

The first year I did the 65k per month or whatever

it was since you need to be in Thailand to open

the account.

@petercurr55

Same advise for you if this is your first extension to 1 year it is better to go to immi office and aks for their list

On Marriage there is a lot of extra information you have to hand over

• marraige certificate or foreign certificate translated and stamped by a registered translator
  • in case of marriage in Thailand, the Kor Sor 2, confirmation of still being married dated day before you apply for extension
  • bank statement signed (both pages) by bank, can be done day before you go for extension
  • updated bank book, make a small transaction in the morning and update the book same day as extension
  • 1 or 2 witnesses living in your area/village/moo baan, different address
  • home owner book from the owner of the house you are physically living, this can be your wife. I understand from an earlier post in a different topic you live

in a house on family land of which the house is not registered so you need the house owner's book of the main address and take pictures there.

• ID of owner
  • picture of house, number of house clearly visible in one close up, then one with the whole house, kitchen, desk, sitting area and bedroom
  • all stamped used passport pages signed, black and white is fine
  • a drawn map (no google maps etc) from the main road to your house
  • TM47 = 90 days reporting up to date
  • TM30 registration of address for foreigner
  • TM7 request for extension filled and signed by yourself

Everything in original and copy

At the immi office at the time of application they will hand you a few extra forms

• a confirmation you understand that you will get fined or extradited when you not update the 90 days reporting timely
  • a document identifying the witnesses and signed by them as well
  • depending on situation and immi office more documents

You need to make clear you live at the registered address according the blue house owner book (tabien baan)

They could also request;

• land title deed (Chanot)
  • Information on your parents, even if it is obvious they are not alive

Once again go a few weeks before extension to immi office, get the documents with their requirements and do not be surprised with any new requirements

Go a week before extension date as it is likely you will have to give more documents of ehich you do not have the information present at your visit

If you work and go on income from Thailand they will need a freight train of additional documents even for them a lot of work so often the staff at information desk will say; Cannot!!!  Take a deep breath and continue.....untlll the head of the office will confirm you can.....

Retirement extension is much easier.......but needs 800K or 65.000 THB income

@rbakker

Sure I don't mind it changed a little from last time ...

1 - Tm7 with photo

2 - STM 2 Acknowledgement of terms and conditions

3 - Passport pic with your photo

4 - Passport pics of all relevant pages with stamps for

this visit.

5 - Bank Letter

6 - Bank Statements going back a year.

7 - Acknowledgement of penalties of overstay form

8 - Map of condo. Two of these

9 - Picture of you by condo door with room number

10 - Picture of me by condo name

11 - Copy of E-visa if used

12 - They wanted phone number because they said an agent

would be coming to my condo. 4 days later and no one yet

13 - updated form of receipt of notification of alien's address

form. Mine is kept in my pp. They stamped it again

14 - 1900B

Good luck! I turned everything in and they kept it overnight

and I picked it up the next day all stamped

This was in Phuket it can vary a little

@martinoo2002

thank you for your reply , I was aware of some of the details you provided , I appreciate getting the whole picture ,

regards

Peter

Thank you both scbrock and petercurr55, that is very helpful!

scbrock, could you please expand on what sort of "Bank letter" is required?

For the "map of the condo", is that (as others have suggested) a hand-drawn map of how to get there from a main road?

I'm surprised it was only 1900B. I thought it was 1900B + 1900B (single entry) or 3800B (multiple entry). Good to  know.

@rbakker

The bank letet is actually 2 letters.

One a stamped statement of account of balance. One a confirmation of the bank you hold that account there. Both need to be stamped and signed.

ALL ADOCMENTS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED IN OROGINAL AND COPY. at the local government,  Amphur and banks as for copies as well... free of charge

scbrock, could you please expand on what sort of "Bank letter" is required?
For the "map of the condo", is that (as others have suggested) a hand-drawn map of how to get there from a main road?

I'm surprised it was only 1900B. I thought it was 1900B + 1900B (single entry) or 3800B (multiple entry). Good to  know.

-@rbakker

If you tell them a bank letter for immigration they should

know what it is. That and the bank statements go hand

in hand.

I didn't do a hand drawn map I just did a screen capture

of my city with the red pin for location of my home. They

wanted two I believe because now they are saying that

an imm officer will be making a visit I assume the 2nd is

for him. They want your phone number I assume so the

agent can confirm you will be home

They will only ask for 1900B. I think getting a re-entry

permit is a separate matter, I suppose you can get it at

the same time I never tried it

@scbrock

Single entry 1.900 multiple entry an extra 3.800 thb. Totals 5.700 thb.

If you travel not to often you can apply for extension at immigration before traveling at 1.900 thb per event... or immediately after customs on airport....let the custom official know and they will point you where to get extension.

Forgotten?; re apply for new annual extension with all the crap like before

Yes, that's why I intend to apply for multiple entry, just in case.

Thanks scbrock, very useful information for me and hopefully others.

How about the photos of you at your condo, I suppose they have to be printed out (just checking)

@rbakker

Printed,  color and as with other docs original and copy

Thanks!

@martinoo2002

Yeah, I've done it both ways through the imm office

and at the airport. I usually wait until I'm leaving

country before getting the re-entry permit.

They accepted black/white photos for the condo

@scbrock

The photo's again it can depend on office or immi officers

They told me to make colored copies of passport I had to inform that is not allowed where I come from

It can go south, west or north by north west here

Yeah, I think everyone is well aware that rules are

subjective and some officers are more lenient than

others. Requirements can vary