Snow in your area ?

Its been snowing  for about 16 hours now in samokov and still going at it ..  Should be good ski in Monday  1f603.svg

@mckayphil sounds like fun. I'll add that area to my research.  We're hoping to find a place with snow and real winters.  Unfortunately I don't think we can stretch to the ski resort areas.  Have fun out there.

Enjoy!

We will once I get my wife back from Philippines.. she currently on her way to Qatar , should arrive Sofia 11:40am

So up at 7 am to dig the car out uugh Michelle usually does that for me lol.. getting to old to dig cars out ..  she loves it .. the last time I caught her throwing herself around in the snow lol .  She was covered in it ..  so  to dig it out an hope the snow plough comes onto the estate early  or I won't be able to drive the car .. fall back us I'll book her a hotel  in Sofia so she can go sleep till I get there ..

Hope she has a safe trip!

@mckayphil sounds like fun. I'll add that area to my research.  We're hoping to find a place with snow and real winters.  Unfortunately I don't think we can stretch to the ski resort areas.  Have fun out there.

-@jasmith837

A gaff in Samokov! You must be rolling in it like Philmckay! This year were in for a real winter everywhere me thinks.

Snowing something proper now up here. This time I got my act together got a right good stash ready for me pechki. I do love Bulgaria when you get a proper winter. Keep snug expats!

Yes so do I.. adds a little survival instinct.. something you have to be ready for.

Couldn't sleep been up and down all night worrying about getting to Sofia  .. Michelle hasn't got a coat as I took it home with me coz it was about 7 degrees when I took her to the airport  and then she is indoors and manila it's gonna be so hot an humid the last thing you want is carry a coat that's like a duvet around .. 

Well I mostly cleared the car but had to give up coz my hands were so cold minus  minus 11 .... got indoors an the chill blanes started omg I forgot how painful that is .. hands straight under the cold tap instant relief .. 

I do hate driving down mountains since I was taking my kids home after a ski trip ..  the back end slid round and luckily I was only going slow .. thought my guts were coming out of my bottom lol.  I must drive the Bulgarians nuts coz I go so slow now .. better to be late than not at all right!

More snow coming today.  It will be Michelle's 1st ski this season on Monday .. poor girl having all that trauma to deal right at the start of our trip.   

Restaurant tonight I think slap up meal for  her

Praying you have a safe trip, Philip.

It took me 30 minutes to do the final defrost with the engine running omg ithe ice was like like concrete lol 

Wasn't to bad going down but I was only going 10kph.  Na I'm joking it was more like 30 and no one tooted at me for going slow ... Mind you I nearly  shit myself when coming into Sofia the foot of snow sitting on top of the car suddenly let go onto the windscreen .. panic eek I didn't know which lever to pull next but indicators are actually no help at all lol   

I could see this trail of snow coming from the roof an thought it had blown off ..  bloody speed bumps have a lot to answer for 😁

I arrived with 30 minutes to spare .. of I matched to greet her and there she was jumper short leg jeans and sandals .. and forgot the coat in the car.. so gave her mine and we very carefully walked back to the car .

I'd also thankfully had brought her hiking boots and wooly sock... Sofia wasn't yo bad but Samokov 18 inches of snow to walk through.

Now she fed and already tucked up in bed ... Another relaxing day over 😴

Be safe buddy its brass monkeys out there

Same here but the snows gone and the sun's out where I live and I've stripped my bed and the washed bedding is out on the line.

Same here but the snows gone and the sun's out where I live and I've stripped my bed and the washed bedding is out on the line.

-@Kath948381

Lucky you! We live on the slopes of Vitosha and we've got about 50cm of snow in the garden still. Our garden steps down to the road (60 of them) are coated in solid ice and only passable with great care - and steel-tipped walking poles. The sun's out and I'm hopeful that today the car doors won't be frozen shut and needing "persuasion" to open... 1f600.svg

Never skied vitosha always looks very misty and icy.. one day ... Years ago I nearly bought an apartment  very close to the lift ther but it was off plan and I got cold feet over it ...  Skied all week at borovets. Fantastic conditions yesterday was superb.. however the temp are rising again so into freeze thaw.. stuck indoors today waiting for another inverter air con unit to arrive ..

Michelle has been buzzing about like a blooming mosquito lol .. she is also teaching herself how to snowboard.  Got to say she looked pretty good and already dispensed with the nursary slopes ... I spent my time having a beer and a cheese toasty while I waited for her 👍

@philip Mckay

"I nearly bought an apartment  very close to the lift ther but it was off plan and I got cold feet over it".

The Vitosha Park complex, by any chance?  We had an apartment there for several years; it's a nice location but the investment/management company wasn't really to our liking.  Off-plan would have been a bad idea: the bubble burst and prices plummeted.  They subsequently picked up dramatically and properties there now go for a packet but we much prefer living in a house than surrounded on all sides by noisy neighbours.

The snows gone from our village which is good because I don't like it, the sun's out and I'm doing housework yuk. I live about forty minutes from the Black Sea