From Bournemouth to Bulgaria

Some of you might find this YouTube channel useful and interesting.

From Bournemouth to Bulgaria

These youtubers are all the same Dozens of em! Makes you wonder, how much dosh are they raking in? Anyone got the scoop on their earnings? 

@mickeyhart

You fancy a change of career? It's never too late to become an "influencer"! :-)

These youtubers are all the same Dozens of em! Makes you wonder, how much dosh are they raking in? Anyone got the scoop on their earnings? 

-@mickeyhart

Content creators receive approximately 55% of the revenue generated on their channels, which means that for every $100 an advertiser spends, Google pays $55 to the creator. On average, a YouTuber earns around $0.018 for each view, which amounts to $18 for every 1,000 views.

Hardly a mint unless you get millions of views. Thanks for the scoop.

Content creators receive approximately 55% of the revenue generated on their channels, which means that for every $100 an advertiser spends, Google pays $55 to the creator. On average, a YouTuber earns around $0.018 for each view, which amounts to $18 for every 1,000 views.        -@SimCityAT

55% of revenue? That sounds extremely unlikely!

It'd have guessed it's probably (a) significantly lower, and (b) depends a lot on your traffic (lower traffic gets lower rates). Plus the big names probably do a lot of "sponsored" posts with direct deals with advertisers (i.e. 100% share). The article below gives numbers and, for 1,000 views, mentions "between a few pennies and $17".

It's also, arguably, not terribly helpful to dear @mickeyhart contemplating a career change. :-) I believe a few folks rake in the big bucks (hundreds of thousands, if not millions, per year). And the rest toil in near-obscurity for a few quid.

I also get the distinct impression that it helps a lot if your surname is Kardashian.

As to the original link, they seem to be renovating a 7 grand Bulgarian house... so they are probably still in the Isthmian League, rather than taking on Manchester City is the Premier. But it's interesting to see what they get up to, so good luck to them!

This is a related article on Tik-Tokers, specifically.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-muc … okers-make

Content creators receive approximately 55% of the revenue generated on their channels, which means that for every $100 an advertiser spends, Google pays $55 to the creator. On average, a YouTuber earns around $0.018 for each view, which amounts to $18 for every 1,000 views.        -@SimCityAT

55% of revenue? That sounds extremely unlikely!

It'd have guessed it's probably (a) lower, and (b) depends a lot on your traffic (lower traffic gets lower rates). Plus the big names probably do a lot of "sponsored" posts with direct deals with advertisers (i.e. 100% share). The article below gives numbers and, for 1,000 views, mentions "between a few pennies and $17".

It's also, arguably, not terribly helpful to dear @mickeyhart contemplating a career change. :-) I believe a few folks rake in the big bucks (hundreds of thousands, if not millions, per year). And the rest toil in near-obscurity for a few quid.

I also get the distinct impression that it helps a lot if your surname is Kardashian.

This is a related article on Tik-Tokers, specifically.
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-muc … okers-make-@gwynj

https://influencermarketinghub.com/how-much-do-youtubers-make

@SimCityAT

You can't believe everything you read. :-)

@SimCityAT

Thank you for the link.

It has a very handy calculator. So it tells us (estimates) that our Bulgaria House influencers have made a whopping $1,500 from nearly 10,000 subscribers and over 300,000 views (for all videos). Well done to them! They are already well on the way to paying for their house.

If my maths is correct, that's more like $5 per 1,000 views. (And, if that's 55% of what advertisers paid Google/YouTube, I'll eat my hat. Live on my channel, GottaLoveEatingHats.)

The article also says that "Success Begins at 1,000,000" which is subscribers, not views... which means we all need to sign up, and help them get another 990,000 subscribers ASAP! :-)

With 10,000 subscribers, they won't be raking much in, Gwyn's numbers are probably about right. A friend of mine spent quite a bit of money setting up a YouTube channel for her audiobooks, which at the time was supposedly the hot new way for authors to earn extra income on their books. I don't think she's had a month of earning more than $100 yet, despite working hard to build a decent subscriber number.

I haven't watched this particular video yet, so this is not any comment on them. But it does surprise me how many young families are making vids for YT about doing up an old house and moving to Bulgaria. None of then ever seem to mention how they got a long term visa. I only saw one where this issue was mentioned -- they were retirees.

You don't get any money until you have 10,000 subscribers anyway.

It's 1000 subs, I believe before they pay anything at all, and a lot of work to get them!

It's 1000 subs, I believe before they pay anything at all, and a lot of work to get them!

-@janemulberry

Looking it a bit more https://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-do-youtubers-make

There's definitely potential there to make decent money, with a lot of hard work and a little bit of luck. But like most similar things, though some earn very well, especially early adopters or those who hit a trend at the right time, the majority of will earn very little. After seeing how much time and money my friend invested into setting up a quality YT channel for her audiobooks and getting insufficient return on her investment, I decided against doing one for myself.

I was interested to recently see a house for sale online that I'm almost certain was featured in a "look at the house we just bought" video a little while ago! Hard to be 100% sure as some village have a bunch of very similar house built around the same time by the same builders.

I wish anyone trying the YT route to income well. It's a lot of work, and hopefully they'll be rewarded with views, subscribers, and earnings!

@gwynj Im good mate got plenty wood to keep me pechki going. I reckon some of them youtubers are spinning yarn. Pulling a fast one for a few clicks. janemullbery nailed it there how comes they dont mention visas.

I enjoy watching some of these yt'ers and find there content interesting and informative.

Bournemouth to Bulgaria managed to get the residence before Brexit kicked in.

Phoenix project was post Brexit and went down the TRO route.

Most of the other channels were pre Brexit.

I know being front and centre of a camera would be a personal nightmare for me as I'm an introvert and prefer my own company too much.

I also know that creating their content is a time consuming process and only starts to become worthwhile with around 20k yt subs. If people are social media savvy, combining yt with insta and ticktock, the hill to 20k subs is a lot easier to climb.

Shaun

@MasonD yeah, I felt so sorry for them ,2 wee kids  & struggling to make ends meet ,the lass made a major mistake on the visa application which cost them an extra £800 ! 

It's definitely not easy money. Running a good YT channel takes a lot of work, and I hope those who do it are well rewarded.

@janemulberry

There are a few British chateau owners in France doing it. There's a guy not far from me doing it practically single handed and living in a yurt. I really don't envy him at this time of year. He's clearly making enough to do the renovations, because the equipment he's bought since he started, has improved dramatically. He seems like a really nice guy and I wish him every success, but it must be difficult to get enough subscribers and I don't think I would have ever had the nerve to take that kind of risk. The thought of it makes me feel sick.  😫

It's really a lot of work, no expense, to start a channel. A mobile phone and a free online editing app is enough to start, though obviously better equipment and software plus experience in using it will give a more professional result.  It's fun looking back at some popular channels' first videos and seeing how amateur many are. and then seeing how they developed skills.

Some are trying to flog this image of life in Bulgaria about as realistic as a three pound note. Not knocking it though on a day like this, its brass monkeys out there and just the ticket for a bit of entertainment. Janemylverry nailed it there it is a lot of hard work.

This is quite a lot of work and inconveniences. Not to mention if you are not skilled in renovation you are out of luck. Good for these adventurous people.