Vietnam Visa Revisited

Please do not take the following info as fully factual at this point... as I am basically fishing for any known reverberations or undercurrents regarding the Vietnam Visa - including potential extensions &/or renewals.

What I currently know: A mate had her Visa application denied recently stating that the Vietnam Visa is reserved for potential foreign tourists and not for someone who is currently in country (Note: she has been here for 2.5 months 0n Visa # 1). I have no details other than what I just stated.

As much as I enjoy and appreciate all feedback from my posts, atm I am most interested in commentary from anyone out there who has experienced issues getting a follow-up visa to the one they have. The "he said/she said" gossip, based on what the aunt of a bartenders sweetheart said (you get my point), is not useful. It confuses people... Substantiated sourced information works best on issues like this one.

I know there are several people out there (you know who you are) who are usually on top of key info regarding issues relevant to our stay(s) in Vietnam. Hoping someone can reach out and share anything relative to this topic...including whether my friend's issue may be an isolated incident and not the norm. Without sounding melodramatic...if her info is accurate then the infamous "Visa Run" has run its course.

Please do not take the following info as fully factual at this point... as I am basically fishing for any known reverberations or undercurrents regarding the Vietnam Visa - including potential extensions &/or renewals.
What I currently know: A mate had her Visa application denied recently stating that the Vietnam Visa is reserved for potential foreign tourists and not for someone who is currently in country (Note: she has been here for 2.5 months 0n Visa # 1). I have no details other than what I just stated.

As much as I enjoy and appreciate all feedback from my posts, atm I am most interested in commentary from anyone out there who has experienced issues getting a follow-up visa to the one they have. The "he said/she said" gossip, based on what the aunt of a bartenders sweetheart said (you get my point), is not useful. It confuses people... Substantiated sourced information works best on issues like this one.

I know there are several people out there (you know who you are) who are usually on top of key info regarding issues relevant to our stay(s) in Vietnam. Hoping someone can reach out and share anything relative to this topic...including whether my friend's issue may be an isolated incident and not the norm. Without sounding melodramatic...if her info is accurate then the infamous "Visa Run" has run its course.

-@redislandar

I'm sure Aidan can provide links to where we've been discussing this issue, ad nauseum (IMHO).

Bottom line theory we've collectively reached (with the help of a bartender's aunt) is that people attempting to get a new evisa for a Visa border run should NEVER use an address inside Vietnam.

As I've already mentioned more than once in other threads, the main Visa agent here in the Huế/Đà Nẵng/Hội An region is regularly providing twice weekly private bus service to the Lao Bảo border checkpoint with Laos.

Most of her passengers get their visa renewals done through her, while some know how to apply online without being flagged.

I talk with her about visa issues a few times a week (she appointed me as a moderator of her Face.book expat support group for this area).

If there were indeed a total cessation of Visa Border Runs, I would know (through her) almost immediately.

Your friend likely needs to use a trustworthy agent such as the one user GoodOlBoy has in HCMC.

Good luck to your friend.

Please do not take the following info as fully factual at this point... as I am basically fishing for any known reverberations or undercurrents regarding the Vietnam Visa - including potential extensions &/or renewals. What I currently know: A mate had her Visa application denied recently stating that the Vietnam Visa is reserved for potential foreign tourists and not for someone who is currently in country (Note: she has been here for 2.5 months 0n Visa # 1). I have no details other than what I just stated. As much as I enjoy and appreciate all feedback from my posts, atm I am most interested in commentary from anyone out there who has experienced issues getting a follow-up visa to the one they have. The "he said/she said" gossip, based on what the aunt of a bartenders sweetheart said (you get my point), is not useful. It confuses people... Substantiated sourced information works best on issues like this one. I know there are several people out there (you know who you are) who are usually on top of key info regarding issues relevant to our stay(s) in Vietnam. Hoping someone can reach out and share anything relative to this topic...including whether my friend's issue may be an isolated incident and not the norm. Without sounding melodramatic...if her info is accurate then the infamous "Visa Run" has run its course.         -@redislandar

Get a life man!!!! anyone who starts a post with......................Please do not take the following info as fully factual at this point. & ends it with a comment...........Without sounding melodramatic...if her info is accurate then the infamous "Visa Run" has run its course. is a complete & utter tosser!!!

@OceanBeach92107 thanks a million mate! Great information and nothing that surprises me. I will take the liberty to change the last comment of my submission...I did not mean to imply that the visa run, as we know it, might be history. I used "if" as a means of implying that the issue my friend incurred was probably an isolated incident. Sentence will be deleted to avoid knickers in a knot and potential strangulation...of moi 😳.

@OceanBeach92107 thanks a million mate! Great information and nothing that surprises me. I will take the liberty to change the last comment of my submission...I did not mean to imply that the visa run, as we know it, might be history. I used "if" as a means of implying that the issue my friend incurred was probably an isolated incident. Sentence will be deleted to avoid knickers in a knot and potential strangulation...of moi 😳.        -@redislandar

New avatar pic I didn't recognize.

So den, 'ow's she goin'? Ow's ya' gittin' on 'dere, me 'ole trout? Me son.1f601.svg

That's only the 2nd (3rd?) report we've had, I do believe, where an application was denied due to it being submitted whilst the applicant was in country. Would you be able to find out from your friend what she had indicated on her application as her residential address? If she had indicated an address within VN, that would likely be the reason for the denial.

As she now has only ~2 weeks left on her current eVisa, best to follow OB's advice and seek the services of an agent.

@Aidan in HCMC good to hear from you Aidan. She is taking the good advice of you guys and seeking assistance from the pros. She did, in fact, include her home country address so that's not the issue. She is convinced that it's something she may have inadvertently done but wants to talk to an agent and get a handle on it before the welcome wagon becomes a slow road out of the country. Like I told her, we have all made the occasional mishap on these damn applications that have caused us misery. I remember when we had a 15 min time limit to complete the application online before it closed. Sweet adorable Jesus...never thought a man could make so many mistakes and still run out of time. Anyway, tis all good...we will make it happen. At least we are not locked down or locked up. Cheers mate.

@Aidan in HCMC good to hear from you Aidan. She is taking the good advice of you guys and seeking assistance from the pros. She did, in fact, include her home country address so that's not the issue. She is convinced that it's something she may have inadvertently done but wants to talk to an agent and get a handle on it before the welcome wagon becomes a slow road out of the country. Like I told her, we have all made the occasional mishap on these damn applications that have caused us misery. I remember when we had a 15 min time limit to complete the application online before it closed. Sweet adorable Jesus...never thought a man could make so many mistakes and still run out of time. Anyway, tis all good...we will make it happen. At least we are not locked down or locked up. Cheers mate.

-@redislandar

I believe we had one forum member fix the problem by changing browsers and/or changing from computer to smartphone or vice versa.

A further update from my friend's Visa woes. She took her issue to an agent in Saigon yesterday and there was nothing they could do. She was informed that she would have to leave the country "before" applying for another visa. Give her other options if you have them.

On a related note... I applied for my 2nd Visa earlier today and had a response turnaround of about 6 hours. Here is exactly what was written verbatim: if you base in viet nam, we recommend you leave the country before applying for an evisa please review all your entered information to ensure accuracy.That's all they wrote.

I applied for my 2nd Visa earlier today and had a response turnaround of about 6 hours. Here is exactly what was written verbatim: if you base in viet nam, we recommend you leave the country before applying for an evisa please review all your entered information to ensure accuracy.That's all they wrote.

-@redislandar

Applied through where/whom?

The use of the word "recommend" has me wondering if you were using the official site vs an agency site.

@OceanBeach92107 Affirmative! I applied online on the official site. Lesson learned for others...take your advice and go through an agent.

Having said that...my friend went through an agent in HCMC and had the same result as I did. Leave the country and apply. The word "recommend" intrigued me as well. I will sort it and update this feed when I do. A learning moment for all of us. A positive result is everyones objective...

Btw, for info purposes...I had my evisa application turned around in less than 8 hours...even though it was rejected. My point? Application turnaround can happen quickly or it may take days when doing it through the official evisa site. J+

@OceanBeach92107 Affirmative! I applied online on the official site. Lesson learned for others...take your advice and go through an agent.
Having said that...my friend went through an agent in HCMC and had the same result as I did. Leave the country and apply. The word "recommend" intrigued me as well. I will sort it and update this feed when I do. A learning moment for all of us. A positive result is everyones objective...
Btw, for info purposes...I had my evisa application turned around in less than 8 hours...even though it was rejected. My point? Application turnaround can happen quickly or it may take days when doing it through the official evisa site. J+

-@redislandar

Oh god, another "my friend quote"

been using my present agent for 10 years plus, lived in the country for 15+ years & never had a problem & now on e visa # 2, both applied for when in country.

"I often pick my favorite quotations and store them in my mind as ready armour, offensive or defensive, amid the struggle of this turbulent existence." (Robert Burns).

Does anyone else find some of these oldboys on this forum dismissive,  rude,  objectionable or is it  just me ?

Does anyone else find some of these oldboys on this forum dismissive,  rude,  objectionable or is it  just me ?

-@Tony Bridle

Probably it's just you, but you can change.

Keep coming back...

@OceanBeach92107 case in point Tony Bridle...bingo!

@redislandar I have the same issue as yours...

A further update from my friend's Visa woes. She took her issue to an agent in Saigon yesterday and there was nothing they could do. She was informed that she would have to leave the country "before" applying for another visa.

-@redislandar

A theory...

As I recall, most of the reports of problems with getting a new (the next) evisa approved while still in Vietnam seem to be coming from people in the greater HCMC area.

I really don't know if all the individual provincial cites (2 special, 3 class 1) have online applications routed through their respective immigration offices, but some past experiences & reports indicate that different applications of regulations are indeed possible from one municipality to another:

1. During COVID (beginning in May, 2021 during election season) some applications for business visa extensions were being rejected while others were still being approved.

The deciding factor (according to two of my visa agent friends) was the most recent entry point in Vietnam.

I had last entered the country at Hanoi with a new 1 year business visa in August, 2019 and was able to remain during COVID with 3 month extensions until I applied for another extension in May 2021.

I was rejected because my previous entry & visa was through Hanoi, while I know of at least 2 people who continued to remain with new extensions at the same time, reportedly because their most recent entries & new visas had been done through HCMC.

2. When I applied for my TRC in Hanoi in September, 2022, I was allowed to submit my application while on a 30 day evisa.

However, we had multiple reports in the forum that HCMC was requiring that foreigners first be approved for a TT visa before applying for a spousal TRC.

3. As previously mentioned, we aren't hearing the same reports of rejected applications here in Danang that others are experiencing down south.

All of this has me wondering if applications routed through HCMC (automatically?) are facing stricter scrutiny, and agents there are finding immigration officers to be stricter than in other municipalities?

(a chart showing the five municipality cities in Vietnam)

screenshot_20240216_124901_chrome3571078212238249105.jpg

thanks for  the info.

Things changed shortly before TET concerning evisa. Currently if you are in Vietnam on a tourist visa you will have to leave the country and apply while outside of Vietnam. If you apply while in Vietnam you will receive email stating you need to leave and resubmit. If you leave through the airport the system will automatically show you have left and you can reapply. If you exit through a land border station it may take up to 5 days to show you have left. Once you have reapplied the wait time starts for the 3-5 working day wait time. Some agents claim they can speed this up. Of course this is Vietnam so maybe you will be lucky when you submit while in Vietnam and it will go through.

I had written the following in a different thread just a few days ago.

'...some members/agencies reporting a recent development wherein an application for a new 90 day eVisa had to be made from outside of Vietnam.

That said, I've received correspondence from a member who, just days ago, applied from within Vietnam and was approved. His initial application was denied, the denial stating that the eVisa was for "foreigners outside of Vietnam" (as it has always said, though now it is apparently sometimes being interpreted differently). The member then amended the application to indicate an entry date one day after the final date of their currently valid eVisa, and was approved. This must at this point be taken as an anecdotal account, as the member did not wish to post directly to the forum fearing attracting the attention of authorities. I've asked them to post the details when they feel comfortable. Of course, it's important to remember that YMMV!'

I submitted an application on behalf of a fellow Canadian just yesterday. His current eVisa expires Mar5th. If denied due to the applicant being in country (currently, Saigon), I'll try the same tactic as the member mentioned above.

Currently if you are in Vietnam on a tourist visa you will have to leave the country and apply while outside of Vietnam. If you apply while in Vietnam you will receive email stating you need to leave and resubmit. If you leave through the airport the system will automatically show you have left and you can reapply. If you exit through a land border station it may take up to 5 days to show you have left. Once you have reapplied the wait time starts for the 3-5 working day wait time. Some agents claim they can speed this up. Of course this is Vietnam so maybe you will be lucky when you submit while in Vietnam and it will go through.

-@pogiwayne

Yesterday (Saturday, February 17th) another bus load of foreigners did a successful border run on the Hội An/Đà Nẵng/Huế to Lao Bảo route.

With a few exceptions (using 45 day visa exemptions) they had all applied for and had their new 90-day evisas approved while still in Vietnam.

Most of them received their new evisas with the help of the main visa agency in Đà Nẵng.

Border runs here in the greater Đà Nẵng area (to Lao Bảo) are currently scheduled to continue on a twice-weekly basis.

(February/March schedule)

inshot_20240218_0455115737064298360416455339.jpg

This is not an advertisement.

I'm not mentioning the name of the agency and I don't have any financial interest in their business.

I'm simply sharing the facts of the current situation here in the Hội An/Đà Nẵng/Huế region.

The member then amended the application to indicate an entry date one day after the final date of their currently valid eVisa, and was approved. This must at this point be taken as an anecdotal account, as the member did not wish to post directly to the forum fearing attracting the attention of authorities. I've asked them to post the details when they feel comfortable. Of course, it's important to remember that YMMV!'

-@Aidan in HCMC

So they still had to stay out over night........right?

The member then amended the application to indicate an entry date one day after the final date of their currently valid eVisa, and was approved. This must at this point be taken as an anecdotal account, as the member did not wish to post directly to the forum fearing attracting the attention of authorities. I've asked them to post the details when they feel comfortable. Of course, it's important to remember that YMMV!'      -@Aidan in HCMC

So they still had to stay out over night........right?
       -@goodolboy

I don't know the dates, so not sure if they had to, or will have to, but that would seem so.

I'll ask the member to post details.

The member then amended the application to indicate an entry date one day after the final date of their currently valid eVisa, and was approved. This must at this point be taken as an anecdotal account, as the member did not wish to post directly to the forum fearing attracting the attention of authorities. I've asked them to post the details when they feel comfortable. Of course, it's important to remember that YMMV!'      -@Aidan in HCMCSo they still had to stay out over night........right?       -@goodolboy

I don't know the dates, so not sure if they had to, or will have to, but that would seem so.
I'll ask the member to post details.

-@Aidan in HCMC

Well call me Mr stupid if you like but............ if you are in country & apply for & get a new e visa that has an entry date 1 day later than your old e visa exit date then you either have to exit on or before your old visa expires & come back on or after the entry date date on your new e visa or pay an overstay fine........right? ..........or am I mis understanding this post?

MY CUNNING PLANS FOR THE FUTURE, ANYONE WANT TO ADD PLEASE DO, I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS

As far as my personal situation I have various cunning plans in the pipeline come April 18th….

Cunning Plan A………...Contact OB & ask details of his trusted Visa Agent in Da Nang & 1…...Contact the trusted Visa Agent in Da Nang & either ask her to get me a new Cambodia e visa + Vietnam e visa dated 18th April & get on my bike & do the visa run myself at Moc Bai/BaVet.

2…...Contact the trusted Visa Agent in Da Nang & arrange to go on her visa run from Da Nang to Laos border. Fly to Da Nang the day before, stay in a nice hotel over night, have a good time, go on visa run & fly back to HCMC late flight complete with new 90 days stamp fresh on my Pass Port.

Cunning Plan B………..Go to Moc Bai on my bike 18th April, exit Vietnam, go to Cambodia on e visa, exit Cambodia & enter Vietnam on 45 days Visa exempt & play for time!

Cunning Plan C………...Go to Moc Bai on my bike morning 18th April, exit Vietnam, Send photo of my exit stamp to my well trusted visa agent & enter Cambodia on e visa. Check in to the Shanghai Resort at the Cambodia side of the border. Have a nice time there!!! by next day end of office hours my well trusted visa agent says she will have my new e visa & I will make my way to the border & re enter Vietnam complete with new 90 days stamp fresh on my Pass Port.

Cunning Plan D……….Exit Vietnam at Tan Son Nhat. Send photo of my exit stamp to my well trusted visa agent & fly to either Thailand, KL or Singapore & have a nice holiday there & next day  hopefully re enter Vietnam complete with new 90 days stamp fresh on my Pass Port.

The member then amended the application to indicate an entry date one day after the final date of their currently valid eVisa, and was approved. This must at this point be taken as an anecdotal account, as the member did not wish to post directly to the forum fearing attracting the attention of authorities. I've asked them to post the details when they feel comfortable. Of course, it's important to remember that YMMV!'      -@Aidan in HCMC
So they still had to stay out over night........right?       -@goodolboy
I don't know the dates, so not sure if they had to, or will have to, but that would seem so.I'll ask the member to post details.        -@Aidan in HCMC
Well call me Mr stupid if you like but............ if you are in country & apply for & get a new e visa that has an entry date 1 day later than your old e visa exit date then you either have to exit on or before your old visa expires & come back on or after the entry date date on your new e visa or pay an overstay fine........right? ..........or am I mis understanding this post?
        -@goodolboy

Absolutely correct.

The minimum stay out of country, in the members scenario described above, will be one day.

MY CUNNING PLANS FOR THE FUTURE, ANYONE WANT TO ADD PLEASE DO, I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS

As far as my personal situation I have various cunning plans in the pipeline come April 18th….

Cunning Plan A………...Contact OB & ask details of his trusted Visa Agent in Da Nang & 1…...Contact the trusted Visa Agent in Da Nang & either ask her to get me a new Cambodia e visa + Vietnam e visa dated 18th April & get on my bike & do the visa run myself at Moc Bai/BaVet.
2…...Contact the trusted Visa Agent in Da Nang & arrange to go on her visa run from Da Nang to Laos border. Fly to Da Nang the day before, stay in a nice hotel over night, have a good time, go on visa run & fly back to HCMC late flight complete with new 90 days stamp fresh on my Pass Port.

-@goodolboy

She should be able to handle either plan (as she often says, "except in rare special circumstances") but plan 2 sounds like the most fun, as I'll be meeting you at the airport with my private driver and making sure you get set up in the right place plus having at least one beer or coffee together.

She always encourages people to apply early.

Hi guys, here is my first hand experience of my latest visa renewal.

I applied while still being in Vietnam and got denied the next day with a message that said

that you can not apply for a e visa from within Vietnam.

But i was able to edit the application which was really a good thing.

Since i chose my entry date as the same date as my valid visa at the time, i figured that might cause an issue,

so i edited my application and chose a different date (1 day later).

Then i had to wait for about 3 days until i, again, got denied.

This time, it was a different reason. It said that my intended address in Vietnam was not clear enough.

Once again, i was able to edit my application. So i retyped my address, this time in Vietnamese (before it was the english version).

It seems to me, but this is just a guess, that two different officers worked on my application.

Still, i got denied twice, which never happened before.

My hopes were low and i planned on a weeklong trip outside of the country and to get in contact with an agent.

At this point i basically waited for my final application denial.

But... imagine that, 3 days after my second edit, i received my brand new visa.

In total it took about 10 days. It paid off to be resilient and not give up.

But of course, i might just be lucky? I think it depends on who works on your application, also

the month before Tet might have played a role in this.

It is possible to get the visa, but i wouldnt recommend betting on my way of doing it.

It is probably better to plan accordingly, leave the country, have a 3-5 day "holiday" or consult a trusted agent.

I am back and everything went well without any issues.

Hi guys, here is my first hand experience of my latest visa renewal.I applied while still being in Vietnam and got denied the next day with a message that saidthat you can not apply for a e visa from within Vietnam.But i was able to edit the application which was really a good thing.Since i chose my entry date as the same date as my valid visa at the time, i figured that might cause an issue,so i edited my application and chose a different date (1 day later).Then i had to wait for about 3 days until i, again, got denied.This time, it was a different reason. It said that my intended address in Vietnam was not clear enough.Once again, i was able to edit my application. So i retyped my address, this time in Vietnamese (before it was the english version).It seems to me, but this is just a guess, that two different officers worked on my application.Still, i got denied twice, which never happened before.My hopes were low and i planned on a weeklong trip outside of the country and to get in contact with an agent.At this point i basically waited for my final application denial.But... imagine that, 3 days after my second edit, i received my brand new visa.In total it took about 10 days. It paid off to be resilient and not give up.But of course, i might just be lucky? I think it depends on who works on your application, alsothe month before Tet might have played a role in this.It is possible to get the visa, but i wouldnt recommend betting on my way of doing it.It is probably better to plan accordingly, leave the country, have a 3-5 day "holiday" or consult a trusted agent.I am back and everything went well without any issues.        -@quik1

Great result & second person noted as getting it by doing that.

@redislandar "Without sounding melodramatic...if her info is accurate then the infamous "Visa Run" has run its course."

This was the last sentence I wrote in in my Jan 11, 2024 submission that got a few knickers in a knot and caused quite the stir in expat world. Armed with a few choice words...my comment was challenged by some long time expats who, in one responders words, had forgotten more about Vietnam immigration policies than what I currently knew. That certainly would never qualify anyone to be a scholar. I only know one thing about Vietnam immigration...the Visa Run, as it existed prior to January 2024, has run its course. 

Cheers to those of you who reached out privately to seek my advice. As you folks know...I had no advice to give other than to contact someone who knew what the heck they were talking about. Don't trust anyone who has forgotten more than you know...

@quik1 congratulations mate... Enjoyed reading about your experience.  On a go-forward basis I will be following the advice you give at the end. Avoid the drama and stress and take a few days to explore other countries in the Asia Pacific region.

I only know one thing about Vietnam immigration...the Visa Run, as it existed prior to January 2024, has run its course. 

-@redislandar

Then you really don't know anything, if that's the only thing you know.

I've documented multiple times (in this thread and elsewhere) that regular visa runs continue in the greater Đà Nẵng region.

I submitted an application on behalf of a fellow Canadian just yesterday. His current eVisa expires Mar5th. If denied due to the applicant being in country (currently, Saigon), I'll try the same tactic as the member mentioned above.        -@Aidan in HCMC

Aaaaaaand.... approved.

Application from within Vietnam, granted for Mar5th/2024 to Jun2nd/2024, single entry, enter/exit Moc Bai. Place of temporary residence whilst in Vietnam, Phu Quoc.

Oh my. Seems "Ya' pays yer' money, ya' takes yer' chances"

I've asked my GF to ask her nephew, who holds a junior position with immigration Hanoi, if he might shed some light on this application/approval process. I'll report back when (if?) I hear anything.

@Aidan in HCMC         thanks for info.

Cunning Plan A………...Contact OB & ask details of his trusted Visa Agent in Da Nang & 1…...Contact the trusted Visa Agent in Da Nang...
    -@goodolboy

I was really happy to get your message that our local visa expert here in Đà Nẵng has been able to help you, GOB 😎👍

Congratulations on getting your next 90 day visa approved without having to leave the county. 

Cheers!

The Vietnam gov rule is stay 3 mos,

go pay for extension 3 more mos

Then go to a travel agency apply for

another Visa but you have to go to

Cambodia, Laos or Thailand then

come back after few days after the

new Visa get approved

new Visa get approved

-@BoB117842

...and yet, that's apparently NOT "the rule", since that's not what's being reported as realtime news by our Vietnam expert, myself & others.

I agree that thre are some agents who agree with you, but it's impossible to ignore two border run buses every week from Đà Nẵng to Lao Bảo & back again with passengers who received their new visa approvals while still in Việt Nam.

MY CUNNING PLANS FOR THE FUTURE, ANYONE WANT TO ADD PLEASE DO, I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS As far as my personal situation I have various cunning plans in the pipeline come April 18th….Cunning Plan A………...Contact OB & ask details of his trusted Visa Agent in Da Nang & 1…...Contact the trusted Visa Agent in Da Nang...     -@goodolboy

I was really happy to get your message that our local visa expert here in Đà Nẵng has been able to help you, GOB 😎👍

Congratulations on getting your next 90 day visa approved without having to leave the county. 

Cheers!

-@OceanBeach92107

Thanks again for your help OB & your visa agent recommendation. I can confirm I applied through your recommended agent last Thursday afternoon & got my new Vietnam e visa yesterday Wednesday morning & still in country so now good to July & that works in great for a planned business trip to Singapore. As you have said some Visa agents can't do it as in my case my well trusted visa agent in HCMC been using her for 10+ years said she can't do & I must leave to apply.

As a follow up since we first discussed this issue I have found & talked to another visa agent here in HCMC who can still get the 90 days e visa for people still in country & is still doing daily visa runs to Moc Bai. Of course as in all things as we know.....there is a price to pay for this service.

@goodolboy           thank you  for for cutting through all the bs and giving us some facts.

new Visa get approved

-@BoB117842

for clarification......Can you enlighten me where in any Viet gov site it says you must go to Cambodia, Laos or Thailand to renew your e visa. As far as I know you can go anywhere in the world including Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Myanmar to do it.