Is KONAK a bad area?

Is Konak a bad area to buy? There seems to be quite a few houses for sale at very cheap prices. Just wondering if it has a gypsy problem or if the village is dead.

@derekhandyman

If you don't get any replies, have a look on street view. It only takes you down the main routes through the villages and it won't tell you everything you need to know, but it will give you some idea. Ive used it to check out quite a few villages and written them off as a result.

Thanks @grumpyoldbird. I have checked street view on quite a few villages. Only problem is that the photos where done in 2022 and doesn't show if a gypsy settlement has formed since then. Was hoping someone lived close and knew about the village.

@derekhandyman

I understand. It's very difficult to find that kind of information. I think I've found demographics in the past on Numbeo. I'm not saying it'll be available for every village, but its worth a try.

@derekhandyman gypsy settlement? Blimey what is that mate? Dont think you ever stepped foot out here have you. Gypsys round my way got gaffs nicer than what us expats can afford.

@mickeyhart

It's not like that in every village though. I know someone in Troyan and her village has quite a few gypsies. They follow the work, so they go to the cities for months over the winter. The houses are run down, because they don't have the money to repair them. They'll quite often move into empty houses, if they've been left empty for a while. I'm not speaking for Konak, because I don't know anyone there.

Difference is I live in Bulgaria. Konak Troyan, I might have been there having a natter with the locals. The ones tapping away on their computers have never stepped foot here.

Is Konak a bad area to buy? There seems to be quite a few houses for sale at very cheap prices. Just wondering if it has a gypsy problem or if the village is dead.

-@derekhandyman

did you go to Konak? Is there such a thing as a Gypsy settlement? I live in Bulgaria and not seen hide nor hair of one. Maybe update your post its a bit unfair on the village to leave it like that no? Now the only info anyone gets about Konak is a post about a gypsy problem by someone who never set foot there!

You've never seen a gipsy quarter/getto/village in Bulgaria? I guess that you don't get out much in that case..... 1f600.svg

@JimJ

Derekhandyman is asking about Konak.

Knackered is good are non as baba tonker are

-@lambertp146

Your post appeared on my phone immediately below an ad offering the opportunity to "learn a foreign language today"; can't get more apposite than that! 1f602.svg

@JimJ knackered good area

@JimJ yes that be good to lean Bulgaria

@lambertp146

Are you having trouble with the forum? Can we/I help in a way?

No

-@lambertp146

What you mean its knackere. Have you been to Konak whats it like?