My boss hold my passport

Hello everyone I need help and advise ,my  boss hold my passport and I need it to open an account in bank but he's denying  to give it to me what can I do . I urgently  need it to sing some documents   from my home country  but he's giving me difficulty time what can I do ??? feel so frustrated

@Jasper jojo

Before handed over your passport you took any receiving page, email from him.?

Why he is not returning you? go to your HR must they are omani & they will give you.

No ,he came and told me to give him my passport for 2 days he will return, its aweek now when I ask him  for it  he just keep quiet and I want to use it to sign my children document back home he's not replying me what next can I do because my detail is 22nd this month other wise my children will miss school am worried

Never ever give your passport to anyone, except an official governmental department or bank, for they should never be trusted with one's passport or other forms of personal identity.

I can assure you that your boss will never return your passport. He will make your work like a dog to earn your passport back. Your boss now "Owns" you and your life.

Hopefully this is a lesson learnt. May others not fall into the same trap.

Pressure him and take your passport,  I know its common for employers to hold worker's passport in oman and  other GcC countries but what youre saying seems like hes hiding something from you.

insist and take it from him.