Visa O retire

Hi Has anyone gone through an agent like me asking for a retirement visa. I had the fund last year for the 3 months but could not extend for 1 year for personal reasons.

The agent proposed me to have the visa for 12 months with passport stamp for both period and including the 90 days report.

Also I live in a different région but apparently they will take care of it. Any information anyone would appreciate.

Hi Has anyone gone through an agent like me asking for a retirement visa. I had the fund last year for the 3 months but could not extend for 1 year for personal reasons.
The agent proposed me to have the visa for 12 months with passport stamp for both period and including the 90 days report.
Also I live in a different région but apparently they will take care of it. Any information anyone would appreciate.

-@North24

Yes, there are many around Thailand but some to expensive.

I know one in Bkk Bang-na (Thai visa centre) and suggested them to a friend and worked very well with cheap price and they offer further discount if you have account at Kasikorn bank. Find on Facebook or Line.

From what I have heard it is difficult to move away from the agent after the first year to for example do it yourself at your local immigration

Most agents use immigration offices far away from Bangkok and part of the fee you pay is for them

Your local immigration agent could ask, and I heard that it happens, where you lived in Nakhon Nowhere and to show information regarding.

I lived in Ayutthaya for years with my wife, while working in Bangkok. On a business trip leaving from Phuket for Singapore I was held an hour at immigration while they asked me if I lived for real in Ayutthaya and if I had the bill from Immigration paying for my Non O extension

I did not have it and it became unfriendly with threats on fines etc. so I and asked if they could put back my 90 days and residency copy in my passport which they threw away. They brought the case to the Big Boss and he immediately confirmed I was 'OK" because I had a history over 16 years of visas, of which 5 from Ayutthaya. I do carry the receipr off payment from now on  ;-B

I still managed to catch the plane.

And do not forget nowadays you also need to be able to show a TM30 which confirms where you live and immigration can check if you lived in NN because you should have been registered there with the TM30.....

So unless you do not have the cash for the deposit, do it the proper way

Most agents use immigration offices far away from Bangkok and part of the fee you pay is for them

Your local immigration agent could ask, and I heard that it happens, where you lived in Nakhon Nowhere and to show information regarding.

-@martinoo2002

I had this happen to me also. The agent here in Phuket used an

office in Chiang Mai and that was on the stamp and it caused

problems later

@scbrock

Yes, there's always a catch when someone else is doing the paperwork or there is some "extra assistance" needed.

Every immigration office that I've visited (5 or6) have a pamphlet that outlines everything you need to accumulate and present for renewals. I've never had a problem compiling and submitting the required paperwork.

@scbrock
Yes, there's always a catch when someone else is doing the paperwork or there is some "extra assistance" needed.

Every immigration office that I've visited (5 or6) have a pamphlet that outlines everything you need to accumulate and present for renewals. I've never had a problem compiling and submitting the required paperwork.

-@Karambit

The last few times I've done it by myself and was able

to get it done. When I had a Chaing Mai stamp and did a visa

run thru Ranong to Burma if it weren't for the Thai

ppl with me it wouldn't have ended well.

I agree once you know the system unless there is some

bizarre situation it's best to do it w/o an agent

So, if you use an agent, and that agent uses a certain immigration office, you become "locked" to that office?

I heard a story about retirement visa and some agent proposed to provide the fund 800k to apply at the immigration including an address somewhere in Bangkok. So apparently it works. This would be a one year visa plus the 3 months stamps on the passport. I know that there some who probably did it but as I don't know them it is difficult to have answers from their experiences.

@JonSt

There will be questions if you go to a different IO and handle things differently, and questions lead to having to provide uncomfortable answers if there has been any shady deal involving the visa.

I know of a few people "trapped" after their favorite IO got transferred and the "visa agent" disappeared.

Honesty is always the best policy and doing things the legal way.

Let us not forget you are required to fill in the TM30 and for that show proof of residence from house/condo owner.

That looks awkward when your visa is stamped in the rural north and you live in the south

I heard a story about retirement visa and some agent proposed to provide the fund 800k to apply at the immigration including an address somewhere in Bangkok. So apparently it works.

-@North24

My friend is going thru this right now. It will be

interesting to see how it turns out. Almost seems

to be good.

But, I can update how well it works, cost etc