Using a PO Box

We will shortly be moving into our new house at the end of this month. The problem I have is that we do not yet have an official address from the municipal authority. This gives us problems with our mail, especially from the UK.

Does anyone use a PO box to receive their mail, could you let me know what the pros and cons of using a PO box?

@MacGeorge8035

Where do you live? If you are in the Leptos Kamares area, you can rent a box at the Club and mail is collected from the main post office 3 times a week.  Otherwise, you can rent a box direct with the post office and collect at your leasure.  From my experience, mail delivery in Cyprus is a rare occurence!

Am based in Frenaros George

@Incognito2411 I will also be in Freneros.

I 2nd the post delivery as I have found electric and water bill get delivered to the house the rest just goes into a black hole and sometimes pops up at Tala post office. The Kamares box we rent also seems hit and miss with recorded items taking approx 3 weeks from the uk and then they have to be collected from the main post office in Paphos. We use DHL as that always works! I would avoid post at all costs :-/

Everything else is via email only.

There are no cons aassociated with a PO Box. It is the only safe way to get mail and ideal for mail from overseas. 

@pete21

No problems whatsoever with PO BOX at Main Paphos Post Office in many years. It is very reasonable rental and they provide three Keys. I know of delivered mail going astray in Kamares village.

Thanks Guys got one sorted yesterday. it was easy as everyone said

Hi!

Does anyone know if there is a reliable Cyprus Post in Nicosia near the TRNC border where I could get a PO box? And what is needed to get one?

Thanks