1 year stay in Encarnación

I'm in an American living in Florida that is considering moving to Encarnación Paraguay next winter. I want to stay for a year and check it out. I don't know if I want to retire there. I'm 55 and potentially could retire there. I want to see first. Does anyone have a recommendation of what's the best way to handle the visa situation and any website you recommend to rent a place for a year? Thank you for the generosity of your time answering this 

@samala1014

Hello you can contact me my email at *** i will connect you to a migration helper

Moderated by Bhavna 4 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Prettymelissa117 thanks for the message. I do appreciate it. The server blocked your email address. :(

Hello everyone,

@Prettymelissa, are you in Paraguay ?

@Samala, you will find a list of professionals in the business directory, feel free to send them a message : Legal services in Paraguay

Regards

Bhavna

@samala1014

I just moved back to Asuncion (lived in St Pete for 5 years). We have apartments for rent, but in Asuncion. My sister in law may have her apartment free by next year in Encarnacion. I did all of my paperwork for immigration. I is a lot of running around, so a lawyer will be your better bet. Good luck on your plans!

@Bhavna

thank you I am not in Paraguay. I'm preparing. I'm hoping there is a Migracion  office in Encarnación.

@dianeirun

May I ask how much one can expect to outlay for an attorney for this kind of work. I just got off the phone with the Paraguayan embassy in DC and she suggest I go in with the tourist visa and before the 90 days is up start the application for temporary residence.

@dianeirun

thank you for the message. I love Saint Pete. I was just still on Central Avenue last week. Thanks for the message. I just got off the phone with the Paraguay Embassy US DC the tourist visa and then apply for the temporary residence. But I was wondering if you could tell me what the ballpark expense would be working with the attorney over there?

@Bhavna right now am in uganda but i left paraguay in november. And i was staying in encarnacion for 1 year