Formalities to obtain NIE and open bank account

Good Morning All and a very happy Christmas to you all. In short, my name is Wayne and I'm Irish. I would like to buy a holiday apartment in Spain and eventually live there for several months a year. Is there anyone on here that has had to get an NIE number or where do I even begin. I'd also like to opena bank account but I think to do that I need an address but I obviously do not have one yet. I would appreciate any advice or guidance you could give please. Thanks, Wayne

Start at the Consulate for list of requirements, it's free, you can open a card account with Wise, costs 5€ for the card , you can set up direct debits use certain cash points for free and get interest on the balance on your account, pay in different currencies, you will need health care, if you have a existing condition you need to declare it otherwise you might find that any claims against future treatment will not be paid. Insurance is expensive, shop around. Good luck

@compel, Thanks very much

@waynethomasfitzgerald

Hello and welcome on board !

Please note that I have created this new thread from your post on the Spain forum so that  you may better interact with members.

I would suggest that you read the Living in Spain guide for expats to gather as much information as possible.

All the best

Bhavna