Should I get a Spanish sim ?

Hi,

im renting in Valencia for a couple of months in early 2024.

should I get a Spanish sim ? Even if it means having a different phone number.

regards to all

@normanhardwickdo you have a SIM from a EU country? in that case you don't need to get a Spanish sim. (no roaming costs within the EU) in any other case, I would get myself a local Sim card in your situation.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/c … amp_en.htm

I added a link to the roaming regulations in the EU

but its under review

so just google “roaming regulations in the EU”

• @normanhardwickIt depends what country you are coming from. I moved from France, never changed my SIM All the usage I need for under 10€ a month, connect to free WiFi where you can.

@normanhardwick - One suggestion Norman is to have a virtual spanish number added to your english phone without interfering with your english SIM card. This would work well as an option if your UK network gives you free data and calling in Spain. This virtual spanish number allows you to receive calls from people who only have spanish SIMs and who need to call you without being penalised calling a UK number. Happy to give you some free advice and help on this just reach out to me directly. Regards Mike

@compel   from UK - non EU

THANKS

@Callmenu   sounds good, how do i get a virtual number - im not very technical

thanks

-

@Tobiasvandenbosch

i am i  UK, non EU

THANKS

@normanhardwick

I use mas movil and pay 10€/month for 40 GB to call anywhere.  For me, it is the best deal…

@normanhardwick

Unless you have a very good contract elsewhere (i.e. with lots of calls and data even when roaming), it's likely to be best to get a PAYG SIM for your stay in Spain. Ideally, you have a dual SIM phone and can keep your current contract SIM too. This is what I do, unless my trip is only for a couple of days.

@Lmflmf1

thanks very much

regatds

@gwynj

thanks very much

regatds