Gun shots in the village

Is it pig slaughtering time? I'd really like a pork joint to freeze but they seem to take the skin and fat off here so no crispy crackling.

@Kath948381

Could a gypsy wedding!  Up in samokov there are many gypsy and they fire a gun as part of the start of the wedding  there .. not sure what it means but obviously symbolic ..

@Kath948381

My wife is Philippino and they love a roasted pig .. it's called lichen baboy. the pig has to to the house overnight then it's taken away again and killed and cooked in a pit

No not a wedding Phil there's a Roma wedding hall across the lane from my home and the weddings are in August and they seem to play something like Frank Zappas " Willie the Pimp" all day .These shots were around 8.30am this morning.

@Kath948381

Really lol

I was working up in samokov many years ago now in my flats there and I could here this loud music from a nearby wedding reception, so I went outside so I could hear it better and it was Indian music all day long .  And years later watched a programme about where the gypsy had originally come from in eastern Europe and yes India ..

I was aware of that Phil but the weddings here seem to take place in August because the work on the land is finished for now and people working abroad return home for a few weeks. But the music oes go on and on

@Kath948381

Is it a hunting season 🤔?

People that have rifles in Bulgaria 🇧🇬 r hunters

Just the local hunters about. Your smack dab in the middle of hunting season. All part of the routine out here. Keep calm and put the kettle on.