Carbon monoxide detector and fireproof boards

Hello, can anyone direct me to a company /companies or websites (in Bulgaria preferably) that sells carbon monoxide detectors and fireproof boarding (the type you can just put up and paint with heat resistant paint).

I have a wood burner and want to put boards behind, at sides and above, I already have fire retardant gypsum board in place but they get very warm as is very hot to touch, just as an added layer of protection.

Have tried Praktiker, Praktis in Veliko Tarnovo and local hardware stores around Polski Trambesh for CO monitors but no joy.

@mickg

I was also looking for CO2 detectors, a few years ago now & could not find them anywhere in Bulgaria stores, I got some strange looks, even for asking! They had plenty of smoke alarms. In the end I ordered them from the UK and had them sent here.

Emag have CO monitors for sale now. Try a search for въглероден окис

Ok, thanks

Ordered a co2/smoke detector, easy to setup and navigate on Emag. Just needed to copy and paste in bulgarian  for items, when used english the items not found although site translated everything to english.

Yes, that's what I've found with emag, which is why I gave the Bulgarian words for carbon monoxide. :)

@mickg

Hi Mick

Your issue with the fire retardent boards ..  you may not have a real problem ..  what are the boards protecting ? Is it brick or studding .. if it's brick then don't really see it's a problem..  how long do you think the boards been there ?  Since the fire maybe ?  Another solution is the thermo electric fan but it needs a flat surface to sit on and it needs to be about 4 inches away from the edges of the fire .. it will take heat away from the stove and heat the room evenly. Problem with stoves are yes they get really hot but often stays local to the fire .. the fan start to turn at about 50 Degrees c  .. the one I bought does 1300 rpm .. the hotter the stove the faster it turns . And it's a very gentle flow .. I actually use mine on a LPG open living flame fire .. so if yours is wood it will be much hotter than mine ..  you can buy them on temu and they do deliver to Bulgaria ..  if temu do them I'll bet Ali express do to ...  and eBay also .. just type in thermo electric stove fan ..

You have the right boards for the job so move the heat you have round the room away from the fire .

These fans are only about 8 inches high and some are smaller .  Mine was about £25 I think and you can get cheaper .. best thing is they work with no additional cost as mains or battery is not required

Phil

They work by a temperature differential between the base and the fan they are effectively 2 parts separated by a insulating pad the temperature differential caused a flow of current to a very tiny motor .  That's why you cannot have them close to the edge of the fire because if the 2 parts become the same temperature it will stop turning .

Hope that makes sense