Toxic work environment

My husband is working here in Muscat in one of known companies in Oman. The culture in his office is quite toxic, the regional manager abuses and talk with the employees. One of the employee had complained this to the Hr, but nothing happened, the employee was tortured for 5 months, was bashed each day and was presented as a fool in front of everyone. He was basically used to set as an example that if anybody else would complain to the Hr same would happen with him or her. So now everyone is afraid of complaining it to the Hr. My husband is going through a lot and is mistreated each day. Now my question is that can we file a complain against this in MoM? Also what are your suggestions, what can he do? He wants to stay in the company and complete his 2 year contract but at the same time its becoming a hell for him and his mental health is suffering.

My husband is working here in Muscat in one of known companies in Oman. The culture in his office is quite toxic, the regional manager abuses and talk with the employees. One of the employee had complained this to the Hr, but nothing happened, the employee was tortured for 5 months, was bashed each day and was presented as a fool in front of everyone. He was basically used to set as an example that if anybody else would complain to the Hr same would happen with him or her. So now everyone is afraid of complaining it to the Hr. My husband is going through a lot and is mistreated each day. Now my question is that can we file a complain against this in MoM? Also what are your suggestions, what can he do? He wants to stay in the company and complete his 2 year contract but at the same time its becoming a hell for him and his mental health is suffering.

-@shreyanarula

Nobody has the right to abuse or mistreat anyone even if the person holds a higher designation in the workplace. if your husband is not guilty of any incident and is wrongly framed and is being mentally tortured he should file a complaint against this person to royal oman police and if this is being done with the knowledge of the organization he should file case against the company. This maybe a tactic by manager to force  him to give resignation but he should'nt keep quiet he should inform relavant authorities and take strict action. the law is equal for all citizens and he will get guranteed help from ministry of labour once he states his grievance.

@couer de lion Yes you are correct, since my husbands regional manager has not hired a few people in his team he dislikes them all and tries the same method with them so that they either resign or maybe change their location. Its all dirty politics which he plays. My husband has worked in very big companies in India like ITC, reliance and Future group but the culture wasn't toxic there. After coming here, its like living in hell with very bad working culture. This particular manager is very racist, despite of the company having the majority of Indian staff. He does not have any right to abuse anyone, we have multiple voice notes in such language which my husband cant even play in public.

For the benefit of the other forum members who might, unfortunately, be sailing on a similar rocky boat, I will share here, what I had shared with you in response to your message to me privately :

Hi shreyanarula6,

This is serious. Very serious. Your accusations are severe. They are a direct affront to human and labour rights. If these things are proven to be happening/happened, then the said company would be in serious trouble and could even lose its operating licence.

Reporting the company to the Ministry of Manpower is a sure possibility - provided all employees come together and stick together as one. If such a situation is not possible (which would be the case most likely), then the Indian Expats alone can, must and should go to the Indian Embassy and lodge a formal written complaint against the offenders for perpetrating such crimes and against the management for encouraging such illegal activities within the organisation.

The bottom line is simple : Ask your husband to start looking out for another job as this will not last for much longer. And losing one's sanity over a job is definitely not worth the money it might bring. Health and peace take precedence over all else.