Teacher/Writer Looking for Work and Housing in Mexico

Hola a tod@s,

I am an English teacher looking to move to Mexico with my partner. We are looking for housing and work in Mexico -- in Rosarito, Culiacan, or Mexico City. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gracias!

M

@macristina2

Hello and welcome on board !

I would recommend that you create your adverts/CV in the 2 following section :

Housing in Mexico

Jobs in Mexico

For more in depth infos, feel free to read the Living in Mexico guide for expats.

All the best

Bhavna

Thank you!

@macristina2First, get an online 140 hr TESOL/ TFFL certificate. Second, don't expect to make much money.  IF you can get a legit teaching job - and going thru all the hoops for your working papers - expect around $400 - $600 USD per month for a full time, 40 hr week. You can also try finding online language school tutoring jobs. Lots of competition.  You'll definfitely need your TESOL/ TFFL certificate plus 1-3 years of online teaching experience. Even then, expect an average of $12-14 USD per hr. Good Luck.

Thanks

@Johnny Earl

i have a masters and was offered a teaching gig at a university. thanks  though

@macristina2 If you still want to pusue, get in touch with ITTO (International Teacher Training Organization). It's legit, I got my TESOL cert from them - I also have a master's in TESOL.  Good news is they are based in Guadalajara. They have a website. They offer a 4 week (?) TESOL program with guaranteed teaching placement (For this service, you must take their in-person course in Guad). Not cheap (around $1,200 USD ?) but they will find you a job.  Just remember the pay scale.