Vietnam Visa Exemption for 25 Countries

A list of the 25 countries (passport holders) that qualify for various lengths of Visa-free entry into Vietnam:

screenshot_20231112_124318_chrome.jpg

screenshot_20231112_124540_chrome.jpg

This is not the same as a 5 year Visa Exemption Certificate - VEC (allowing 6 months permission to remain) or the 30 day visa-free entry allowed on Phú Quốc Island.

Why don't Canadians have a visa exemption?

-@rdubois44

That's a question best directed to the Canadian State Department (possibly the Canadian Embassy in Vietnam can help).

Visa exemptions are largely the result of diplomatic efforts that include some type of reciprocal agreement between Vietnam and the other nation.

Thanks for posting. 

Thanks for posting. 

-@pppham40

You're welcome.

You've probably mentioned this in the past, but as a Vietnamese-American, do you qualify for a 5 Year VEC?

Short answer is no, since I am carrying US passport.  Hope all is well. 

Short answer is no, since I am carrying US passport.  Hope all is well. 
        -@pppham40

That, in and of itself, is no impediment to being granted a 5 year VEC.

See here for details. (Link to VN Embassy in USA)

-@rdubois44

Sadly Canada, the United States, and 168 other countries do not have VN visa exemption privileges.

Not having a VN visa exemption privilege is the norm.

Not having a VN visa exemption privilege is "The NORM"....

-@Aidan in HCMC

Norm1.jpg

@OceanBeach92107

Cheers

@Aidan in HCMC

visa requiremednt is a source of  country's revenue as well, other than the standard entry/exit control.

@OceanBeach92107

Canada makes it extremely difficult for Vietnamese to just visit, let alone immigrate.

Can't fault Vietnam for not giving Canadians visa exemptions…

Canada has a huge labour shortage and crying out for immigrants, but apparently not Vietnamese?

Canada also has a housing availability crisis, and nobody builds faster or more efficiently than the Vietnamese.  I've brought this to Canadian media and Government officials attention to no avail…