12 months visa

Dear All

I used the services of an Agency to obtain a multiple entry Visa until December 2024.

The fees were high at €290. But this is not the point.

The agency provided me this Visa in one day. One day. We first went to a Bank to create an account. The agency credited this account with THB 80 000 and I received a bank book wiIth my name and the 80 000 clearly labelled on it. e then drove to the Immigration Department where after several hours of patience my passport was stamped with Visa.when I asked the agency about the money they said not to worry as this only scriptures and the bank would give them back the money….

so I have a  Bank book with a fake capital writing.What do you think ???

Charles

Dear AllI used the services of an Agency to obtain a multiple entry Visa until December 2024.The fees were high at €290. But this is not the point.The agency provided me this Visa in one day. One day. We first went to a Bank to create an account. The agency credited this account with THB 80 000 and I received a bank book wiIth my name and the 80 000 clearly labelled on it. e then drove to the Immigration Department where after several hours of patience my passport was stamped with Visa.when I asked the agency about the money they said not to worry as this only scriptures and the bank would give them back the money….so I have a  Bank book with a fake capital writing.What do you think ???Charles        -@charles BASSO

What good will 80k do? 800k will make a lot more sense. You don't have a valid Visa stamp in your passport. If everything is ok, you should have a signed one year extension stamp in your passport. That's the permission of stay. What do you mean by a bank book with 80k "labelled" on it? Which thai bank? Where did you do this? Which province?

Agree with Leeds. This doesn't make any sense.

Either 400,000 (married) or 800,000 baht is the deposit requirement.

Sounds like some kind of "deal."

Another remark;  You will have a very difficult time to move away from the agent as they will choose an immi office where they have someone to progress your visa, anywhere in Thailand

When you want to move forward and obtain the visa personally, without the agent, the immi officer of your factual address might (might) ask for proof of living in Nahkon Nowhere where the previous visa was issued.

IF they find out you were getting the visa with an agent, you could be denied.... for a longer period...

This is information I heard about people going with visa agents on a diffent blog

Another remark;  You will have a very difficult time to move away from the agent as they will choose an immi office where they have someone to progress your visa, anywhere in ThailandWhen you want to move forward and obtain the visa personally, without the agent, the immi officer of your factual address might (might) ask for proof of living in Nahkon Nowhere where the previous visa was issued.IF they find out you were getting the visa with an agent, you could be denied.... for a longer period...This is information I heard about people going with visa agents on a diffent blog         -@martinoo2002

It depends on where you're located. When using an agent in for example Pattaya/Jomtien,they will always use Chonburi immigration in Jomtien. But, when using an agent in provinces with less foreigners, they might use an immigration office in another province,and then there will be a problem when applying for the next 1 year extension. Suddenly you belong to a province where you're not staying. I don't know if I believe the OP's post. He hasn't posted anything since the first one. IF he's for real,he's been ripped off big time.

@Leeds forever!

Soory, my Bad : i mean 800 000 THB

I am just surprised that Thai administration can accept what is a fake bank book credit, and this " technique " must be very common via Agencies. Even more surprising banks accept this practice.

When one sees how stringent Thailand immigration laws are tending too, I consider myself luck to have had this 14 month Visa..... and in one day

I am just surprised that Thai administration can accept what is a fake bank book credit, and this " technique " must be very common via Agencies. Even more surprising banks accept this practice.When one sees how stringent Thailand immigration laws are tending too, I consider myself luck to have had this 14 month Visa..... and in one day        -@charles BASSO

What do you mean by Thai administration? What does the stamp in your passport say? You didn't get a visa,and not for 14 months. (You got either 12 or 15 months = 3+12 months.) What you got if everything is ok was a permission of stay,nothing else. It's a rectangular signed stamp with an expiring date.The way you described it is not the way it works in most provinces. I know people using agents annually and they don't have any fake money deposited in their bank books and those 800k can't be touched for 90 days. They pay ฿12.500/year. The amount of money deposited shouldn't be "labelled" in the bank book as you described it. Every transaction in a Thai bank book is printed,one line for each transaction. If it's a fake 800k deposit, you won't be able to extend the stay next year by yourself at any immigration office using that bank book. Meaning,you need an agent again.

this smells fishy….. I do have a rectangular stamp labelling 28 September 2023-26 December 2024. But there is still a

mystery on the 800 000 THB Bank book

this smells fishy….. I do have a rectangular stamp labelling 28 September 2023-26 December 2024. But there is still a
mystery on the 800 000 THB Bank book

-@charles BASSO

When using the so called money in the bank method (in your case 800k) when applying for annual extensions,there are official rules which are non-negotiable at immigration. Officially you need 800k in your bank account 2 months prior to the day you apply for the extension, those 800k can't be touched for the next 90 days,meaning the balance can't go below 800k. After 90 days the balance can't go below 400k for the next 7 months until it's time to top it up to 800k again. Proof of this is either copies from an updated bank book or a 12 months bank statement. A bank letter from your bank verifying it's your account and the balance, >800k is also required. This is where you will have a problem next year if you're going to extend your stay another year.

You should be able to download the bank statement

from your phone app then print it out. At least I can with

Bangkok Bank. The bank will do it for you but they

charge I believe 200Baht. Nice if you have your own

printer.

It's not a huge savings I know but every bit helps

You should be able to download the bank statementfrom your phone app then print it out. At least I can with Bangkok Bank. The bank will do it for you but they charge I believe 200Baht. Nice if you have your ownprinter.It's not a huge savings I know but every bit helps        -@scbrock

A bank statement (a print out) from an app isn't officially allowed at immigration when extending a stay. A bank letter cost only ฿100 at every Thai bank and a 6 months bank statement cost ฿200,but you need a 12 months bank statement which most branches won't issue. Every branch can get such statement from head office.

I can tell you I used it at the immigration office in

Phuket city. Doesn't the bank letter just show the

current amount and a few details such as when the

account was opened. So the transactions statement

is needed to show the 2 months before and 3 after

for the 800k amount