NLV with an Irish passport

Hi to you all.

Hope you can be of help.

Intending to retire to Spain next Spring/Summer with my long time partner. We are not married.

Looking at an NLV as we qualify financially. However I am in the process of getting an Irish passport.

Will this be a problem

Thanks

@Don Langdon

The NLV is a very popular option if you have the necessary passive income (rents, dividends, pensions, etc.).

If your Irish passport is imminent, you might find it easier to hold off on the NLV and do the EU Citizen Registration instead.

If you get your new passport after your NLV, it's no problem. But then next year don't renew your NLV, do the Registration.

Non-married couples can be tricky in Spain, so you'll have to see what the Embassy says. If you both qualify for NLVs independently, then no problem. Otherwise,  grab one, and you can figure out Family Reunification once you are legally living in Spain.

We just live together with no kind of papers, and my partner has no independent income. So we managed to figure out a way to get the Family Reunification done. (Married and civil partnerships are easy, it's cohabiting they have an issue with.)

@Don Langdon There will not be any problem for that, aech one will have their one scorinh