Casilas (generic) dosage level

Hi guys. I'm glad I found this forum. I'm 71 and have been bothered by fairly minor prostate enlargement and my inability to maintain a full erection on a regular basis. This has been an issue for a couple of years and obviously is very common in men my age. I have been happily married for almost 40 years and wish to keep that happy where it is, so after some research, I decided to give Casilas (OTC here in Da Nang) a try @ 20mg. The improvement of both issues was evident within a short period of time. Better urinary flow any time of day and a happier wife, along with this happy guy. Cheap and effective. Why I didn't do this 2 years ago but I digress.

Ok, now this post comes with a question. I have researched side effects for this drug and am experiencing some muscle/joint pain and some lower back pain ( I know what you are thinking but it's not that ;-)  )  and am wondering if reducing the dose from 20 to 10mg might help the side effects. I know I could just go ahead a try it but maybe there is somebody here with a similar experience. Btw, I have taken 2 of the 4 20mgs I have about 45 hours apart.

Thanks in advance for any experiences you might share.

Hi guys. I'm glad I found this forum. I'm 71 and have been bothered by fairly minor prostate enlargement and my inability to maintain a full erection on a regular basis. This has been an issue for a couple of years and obviously is very common in men my age. I have been happily married for almost 40 years and wish to keep that happy where it is, so after some research, I decided to give Casilas (OTC here in Da Nang) a try @ 20mg. The improvement of both issues was evident within a short period of time. Better urinary flow any time of day and a happier wife, along with this happy guy. Cheap and effective. Why I didn't do this 2 years ago but I digress.
Ok, now this post comes with a question. I have researched side effects for this drug and am experiencing some muscle/joint pain and some lower back pain ( I know what you are thinking but it's not that ;-)  )  and am wondering if reducing the dose from 20 to 10mg might help the side effects. I know I could just go ahead a try it but maybe there is somebody here with a similar experience. Btw, I have taken 2 of the 4 20mgs I have about 45 hours apart.

Thanks in advance for any experiences you might share. 
    -@RePetenBob

Hello RePetenBob, and welcome to expat.com.

Unfortunately answering your question would place an expat.com member in contravention of the forum's code of conduct (i.e. providing medical/prescription advice).

My advice is for you to reach out to a medical professional in Da Nang for expert advice. I'm sorry to not be able to help you in this matter.

Feel free to jump in and contribute to any of our ongoing threads, or to open another new topic of your own.

Once again, welcome to expat.com, and hope to hear from you again soon.

@Aidan in HCMC

Sorry, didn't realize that. No problem.