Bancolombia - contacting a live person

I'm living in the US but have a savings acct in Bancolombia but lost the code to my card.  Without that card code I cannot talk to anyone from the bank when I call and I cannot get into my account online.  Has anyone experienced this problem?

This is a tough one. You usually have to go into a Bancolombia branch in person in order to reset it.

There are a couple of Bancolombia branches in south Florida, in the event that you live nearby. You may be able to reset your pin there.

I think you have 3 tries online, after which the account is frozen for 24 hours. You can try again 3 more times the next day. When I forgot my pin and was outside Colombia, I wrote down what I thought were the possible pins. It took a couple of days, but eventually I entered the right one.

The only other option that I can think of is to give someone in Colombia that you trust the authority to act on your behalf.

@jmg98

go online Bancolombia personas, then click to talk with a Customer Service ...thats it.

jmg988                  You do NOT need your 3-digit code on your card to log in online ................just your username and PW ................ once logged in report the card lost and block the account .............. BC will either mail you a card to the address on the account or require you to appear in person at a branch ,................  I personally have a photo of each of my cards - front and back - on my desktop in a secured folder ............. If BC requires that you appear in person at a BC branch to get a new card, you are SCREWED until you come back to Colombia for a vacation!

You can certainly get through to Customer Services / Call Center without your code/pin (you are lucky only having to remember 3 numbers, mines 4) however you won't get beyond that without your Pin, the Assessor will put you through automated security before they discuss anything, and without your Pin or if it is locked, they will tell you to go to a Branch... I had this recently.

I had that problem and I live in Houston, I call Bancolombia on a chat and they put me thru with their security office in Medellin, after they asked me many question, and I mean over 10 randon questions to make sure it was me the owner of the account they finally send me a link to change my pin. It took over an hour with several connections getting pass thru until they actually call me on my phone in the US to answer those questions.

Good luck is not easy but it's doable.

We can all be thankful for the process that Bancolombia goes through with their security checks to be certain that you, the user/owner of the account, is actually you with all the BS clowns and fraud/identity theft going on in the world.

I have had my BC account for 10 plus years, have numerous credit cards with BC along with lines of credit and access/navigate all my accounts regularly, pay bills, etc.. and never one issue with even a hint of something fishy going on, why? Because of the in place security measure to thwart fraud.

I'm in Medellin and nothing better than my BC branch manager in my local branch office whom I have a personal friendship with.

Godspeed to the OP and his/her endeavors.

Great

do you pay tax on the interest from cd at the bank?

That's a question that I'm interested in as well.

Canada has a tax treaty with Colombia, so there shouldn't  be double taxation. The US doesn't' have a tax treaty with Colombia as far as i know.

If you earn interest in Colombia, do you have to make a tax filing in Colombia?

@kbeattie That's a great question, lots of luck getting a clear answer. The question to me is will the bank withhold taxes regardless of your final obligations? If they do you will have to file to get the back.

regards,

lps