Interiors needs

im interested in knowing if its better to fly down and purchase my interior needs including appliances, or hire a designer anybody have feedback on the process

Like many questions asked here, the answer is...It depends!

If you are furnishing a place that you plan to live in, then I suggest doing it yourself so that you make sure everything works for you! If it's for a place that is primarily for rental, then a designer can probably make choices that you will be okay with. We bought a furnished apartment here, and it was almost exclusively for rental. For the few weeks we spent there, I could handle the coastal/beachy decor, but I wouldn't want to be surrounded by that full-time. The furniture also wasn't the most comfortable. The fabric was rough on bare legs - and we were always in shorts - and it was low to the ground. When choosing furniture for our home, we had to physically see it, sit on it, etc. to make sure it was going to work for us.

Same for appliances - if you are particular about your appliances, then you'll want to see them yourself. What is available here is often very different. Small ovens if one is even included, smaller refrigerators, vent hoods often not included, etc. If it's a rental, the fridge is probably the most important kitchen appliance, but if you're a cook, you'll want to make sure you have what you need when you use the place.

And practically speaking ensure you have power conditioners on your major appliances. Some appliances handle power fluctuations better than others.

All good advice!