Getting a nie

Hello everyone,

Australian citizen, resident in Morocco, l'll like to apply for non lucrative visa.

Do I need a NIE as a document to present to the consulate for this type of visa? If yes how to get it from Morocco.

Many thanks.

@Hafidoux  Drop your email or what's app number so I can provide you with some directives.

@Hafidoux

Yes, you need your NIE before applying for the No Lucrativa Visa. You can get it from your local Spanish embassy (Rabat?).

Requirements for NLV are here:

https://www.inclusion.gob.es/web/migraciones/w/autorizacion-inicial-de-residencia-temporal-no-lucrativa

https://getgoldenvisa.com/non-lucrative-visa-spain

@gwynj

Can I ask question gwyni as you have a good broad knowledge, my partner has a house in Spain and also a EU passport holder.

If she applies for Spanish resident card can she still have her native EU country as her main residence for working and paying taxes?

Gwynj

Thanks for any assistance

@gyoung5718

Yes, she can easily do her EU Citizen Registration by virtue of her EU passport (proof of funds, proof of Spanish health insurance, proof of address). Once she's done that, it's also pretty straightforward for you to get your residence (if you want to) through Family Reunification. (I would usually say very straightforward, but as you wrote "partner" there might be extra complications depending exactly what kind of partner status it is, and what kind of proof you have. However, we did it, so it's certainly possible.)

This registration makes her a legal resident and it's distinct from becoming a tax resident.

Spain has several tests which apply to tax residence, but the most typical is "substantial presence" when you spend more than 183 days in Spain. If she moves to Spain to live full-time, then she'd become a Spanish tax resident.

However, there are plenty of folks who live and work (and pay tax) in other countries, and simply have a Spanish holiday (and perhaps, potentially, retirement) home. As long as she keeps her days below the threshold, it should be fine.

@Hafidoux Yes .