Accurate Age of Rented properties

Hello members.

I am bit annoyed by the fact that when searching for rented properties in Bahrain its a nightmare to determine how old is the unit/property that you are checking to rent.

When you ask the agents they don't have accurate information, or they say we will check with the owners who have the title deed. Even with the title deed sometimes the age of the building may not be accurate as they might be 2nd or third owners.

Is there a way to determine through any official source like RERA etc (any land database etc) to find out the accurate  'build date' of the property/building.

The same case for the sqm size of the property, unless u get hold of the title deed of the property you can never clearly know the size of a villa / apartment unless you pay a visit and sometimes that's such a waste of time as the agents often are lost about accurate property age and size.

Appreciate the feedback from any of the members.

TT

Title deed will clearly show the sqm of the property.  Secondly, it will also show the date of the first allotment of the apartment (the first ownership is on the FIRST page itself.......subsequent owners are added towards the end).  That will give you a directional idea about the age of the building as usually, when the building is complete and all the formalities are complied with, title deeds can be issued..........so say, from that date, the building construction should vary by a few years.   There is a way to know the completion of the building by looking at the relevant information on bahrain.bh but for that, you have to be the person who built it i.e. the developer.

oh hello! Xtang to the rescue as always :) Hope you are in the pink of health and happiness.

But thats the issue, getting access to the title deed is always a problem...none of the agents are willing to take the hassle to get hold of the title deed from the owners...specially in case of rent, purchase they are more forthcoming...

No other options like bahrain.bh  where this info can be readily available for those looking to rent or purchase,

Regards

TT

Unfortunately, for the buyer, it has to be title deed.  If you are purchasing then it is your right to see it prior to making any offer.   Also, as a renter, you should be able to see it to verify that you are paying the person who owns the house - but I understand as they can always point to the EWA bill and say this proves it.

Hoping to finally have the answer to this query....today's gdn headline...New Interactive online portal offers real estate information..https://aqari.rera.gov.bh/

No more shrewd brokers and owners hiding building age from tenants 1f602.svg

@think-tankk To my knowledge this service will have a starting cost of 500BHD up to 2500BHD and will include mostly hitsorical data of properties that were owned/sold by banks. thus a very limited database