Properties in the Swiequ, Tal Ibragg (Ibragg) or Pembroke areas

Hello

My name is Patricia and I am relocating from the UK to Malta. I wish to view properties in the Swiequ, Tal Ibragg (Ibragg) or Pembroke areas.

Could you recommend any Estate Agents that are registered/ accredited and please could you let me know what documents a Landlord / Estate Agent would require from myself being new to the country. How long does the process usually take as I need to find accommodation by the 18/9/2023. I am looking for a long-term rental as I will be starting my new job soon. Please could you let me know asap.Thank you.

Kind regards

Patricia

Hello and welcome on board, Patricia !

Please note that I have created a new thread on the Malta forum from your post so that members can share their feedback with you.

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna

thank you

Hello
My name is Patricia and I am relocating from the UK to Malta. I wish to view properties in the Swiequ, Tal Ibragg (Ibragg) or Pembroke areas.
Could you recommend any Estate Agents that are registered/ accredited and please could you let me know what documents a Landlord / Estate Agent would require from myself being new to the country. How long does the process usually take as I need to find accommodation by the 18/9/2023. I am looking for a long-term rental as I will be starting my new job soon. Please could you let me know asap.Thank you.
Kind regards

Patricia
-@patriciarose

Usually the only document required is the eResidence document as the ID number needs to be put on the lease contract. Other than that, nothing else is required, no one cares as long as you pay your money!

Usually you pay the agent half a months rent plus VAT as their fee and then one months rent to the landlord as a security deposit plus your first months rent.

Never rent without inspecting the property and surrou ding area and ensure the Landlord signs form H, showing you as a resident at the premises, for ARMS, the utility billing company. Also, the lease needs to be registered with the housing authority by the Landlord.

If the property you decide on is ready for occupation you can usually move in within a day or two, agents usually have standard contracts already drawn up which you can use. No one bothers with credit checks or any other sort of checks, pay your money and move in.If you can find a property rented direct from the owner it will save you several hundred Euros in agents fee, look for ads on buildings and on Facebook letting group pages or Marketplace.

@F0xgl0ve

Thank you for all this information.

Hi

How does the bus system operate in Malta?

Do you have buy a bus pass for the day / week / month? Where can you buy it from or can you just pay as you go when you get on the bus? How much does it cost to travel on the bus to a short / long destination?

Are taxi fares reasonable and what are the names of taxi companies that have a reputable name?

Thank you!

Hi
How does the bus system operate in Malta?
Do you have buy a bus pass for the day / week / month? Where can you buy it from or can you just pay as you go when you get on the bus? How much does it cost to travel on the bus to a short / long destination?
Are taxi fares reasonable and what are the names of taxi companies that have a reputable name?
Thank you!
-@patriciarose

All you need to get free bus travel is a personalised Talija card which is issued by Malta Public Transport. You would need to have your ID to apply.

Until you have it you can use any bus for a fixed fee of €2.00 in summer or €1.50 in winter, this gives you unlimited travel for 2 hours, payable on the bus or you can buy a weekly card from the bus terminus or airport kiosk and there may be other places that sell them but I am not sure.

Download the apps for the taxi companies and all are reasonable, E Cabs, Bolt and Uber, white taxis will cost you more and you need to agree price first.

Thank you

Hi Patricia, welcome to the forum.

From the areas you mentioned, I prefer Tal Ibragg (Ibragg) or Pembroke. You need to be careful with Swieqi and aim for the upper part, not too close to the Paceville side.

I agree with Foxglove, try to search for properties direct from the owners, but I can recommend Perry Estate Agents should you wish to seek advise from an accredited agent. I have used their services, the managing director is a lawyer, so you are assured they are professional. Please be careful, they are some cowboys out there who will list properties on their websites that do not even exist.

Good luck.

Hi Evreham

Thanks for the info...