Meeting other people....

Hi Everyone,

I'm Belgian, 32 years old and I live in Brussels in the European Neighbourhood. Everyday I see (hear) a lot of people from other countries in the supermarket or walking in the Parc du Cinquantenaire.

I've read an article in the newspaper about the difficulties people have finding social contact after work when they are working in the european institutions or at other places. Or coming to Brussels for studying. 

So that's the reason of this post... I find it interesting to learn these "strangers" that I see every day, coming to my country and maybe they want to meet somebody of the brussels-shrinking-group called Belgians.

dankjewel!!!

Hi EBP!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Yeah. I dont live in a international area but have found it somewhat difficult finding friends. I am also not really fussed on nationality. {notice you do see people posting that they want to meet Americans or spanish people and thats ok} Although I am fortunitate enough to of meet a few people but yes it is hard espally when I cant openly talk in Dutch and strike up a coversation with anyone. This I guess this is an explaination of my problems with fitting in. Maybe I went a little off topic who knows

Hallo EBP,
I certainly would like to meet some "locals" to get around this city faster and for not feeling so strange in a place where you know no one.
We should make a meeting up somewhere and have a drink. I live in Ixells.
Cheers