Visa for our Maid

My name is Wilfried. I am a German citizen ; living since 40 years in Asia ; and intend to retire now in Pattaya with my wife ( Filipina ).

We have an Indonesian Maid ( 29 years old ) who has cared for  us very well for many years.

We can not ( and will not ) terminate her service simply and leave her like "ön the road".

She is meanwhile part of our family.

Therefore we want to bring her definitely with us to Thailand.

Due to her age she cannot apply for any retirement visa.

Can anybody maybe help us and give some idea or proposal about what we can do ??

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you all

My name is Wilfried. I am a German citizen ; living since 40 years in Asia ; and intend to retire now in Pattaya with my wife ( Filipina ).
We have an Indonesian Maid ( 29 years old ) who has cared for us very well for many years.
We can not ( and will not ) terminate her service simply and leave her like "ön the road".
She is meanwhile part of our family.
Therefore we want to bring her definitely with us to Thailand.
Due to her age she cannot apply for any retirement visa.
Can anybody maybe help us and give some idea or proposal about what we can do ??
Any response will be highly appreciated.
Thank you all
-@wilfriedadh

As far as I know an Indonesian citizen won't get a work permit as a maid. If she came from a neighbouring country like Myanmar,Cambodia or Laos it would be possible.

@wilfriedadh

Thank you very much for your response.

Is there no possibility that she could be considered my caretaker ( I am 72 years old ) or under compassionate family matters ?

She is really part of our family now and we cannot leave her simply behind.

There must be some possibilities for such cases >> out of humanitarian reasons .

Maybe she can come even on tourist visa and have regular “visa runs” ?

We need really some help from the expat community >> any prooosal or suggestion will be highly appreciated

Thsnk you all

Thank you very much for your response.
Is there no possibility that she could be considered my caretaker ( I am 72 years old ) or under compassionate family matters ?
She is really part of our family now and we cannot leave her simply behind.
There must be some possibilities for such cases >> out of humanitarian reasons .
Maybe she can come even on tourist visa and have regular “visa runs” ?
We need really some help from the expat community >> any prooosal or suggestion will be highly appreciated
Thank you all
-@wilfriedadh

I don't think an Indonesian citizen will get a work permit or any type of visa as a caretaker in Thailand and a maid is a so called domestic profession for Thai nationals together with citizens from Myanmar,Laos and Cambodia. If you were a diplomat there would be a Non-immigrant Visa to work in a household, but you're not and you're retired or if she was a family member,but she's not. She doesn't fit in any type of Non-immigrant Visa. She can apply for a tourist visa, a single or multiple entry. See this link:

http://www.thaiembassyjakarta.com/en/co … rist-visa/

Tourist visas can get extended at the local immigration office but the amount of days a tourist can stay per year are limited. On top of that,as a tourist, work is strictly forbidden.

Border runs is not a solution because only two border runs per calendar year are allowed.

You may want to consider getting her an educational (ED) visa -- she'll come with you and attend one or more schools.  This will help in two ways:  you will contribute to her personal and professional development, and she may be able to wing year-long visas as long as she's studying something.  For your purposes, she could attend one of the culinary academies, learn Thai, etc.  She must attend classes or immigration may have a problem, but a few hours out of her day doing this will help with her taking care of you the rest of the time.

Have a look here:  https://www.thethailandlife.com/thailand-education-visa

We looked at this process for our nanny, looking at executing by year's end.  She's Guatemalan and being so far away from her family is a decision-making point for her.  Our immigration lawyer is looking into it.

Cheers!

You may want to consider getting her an educational (ED) visa -- she'll come with you and attend one or more schools. This will help in two ways: you will contribute to her personal and professional development, and she may be able to wing year-long visas as long as she's studying something. For your purposes, she could attend one of the culinary academies, learn Thai, etc. She must attend classes or immigration may have a problem, but a few hours out of her day doing this will help with her taking care of you the rest of the time.
Have a look here: https://www.thethailandlife.com/thailand-education-visa

We looked at this process for our nanny, looking at executing by year's end. She's Guatemalan and being so far away from her family is a decision-making point for her. Our immigration lawyer is looking into it.

Cheers!
-@pr3d4t0r

Not correct,it's strictly forbidden to work while on an ED-visa.It doesn't matter if it's just a few hours a day. This is not a very good advice.Do you really think that a serious immigration lawyer will come up with an advice which is illegal?

Does she speak and write in English fluently? Get her a tefl course certification, she can then work as an English teacher in any local school part time. She would need to renew her visa every now and then but I believe they are desperate for English teachers.

Does she speak and write in English fluently? Get her a tefl course certification, she can then work as an English teacher in any local school part time. She would need to renew her visa every now and then but I believe they are desperate for English teachers.
-@ellieboulton

"Get her a tefl course certification, she can then work as an English teacher in any local school part time."

Really? It isn't that easy. It doesn't matter if she can read and write in English fluently and the tefl course certificate isn't something you just download online. You must have forgotten about the education needed and the degree.