Invest Europe stock broker recommend-low service fee

Hi all,

Here is one broker I would like to recommend , and also help this website publish something helpful.

ibkr.com

IBKR, they only charge few Euro if you buy shares online or change different currency.

I found this broker because I noticed that Austria broker usually charge service fee very high , it could be 25 Euro if you buy one share.

When you sell the share , AT broker ask you to pay service fee 25 Euro again.

Then investor also need to pay 27 % tax.

At the end, after everyone ripping off, investor won´t earn so much profit.

Sometimes, when you use AT sparkasse bank to transfer money to oversea bank , they will charge customer 30 Euro but they will report customer, transfer money fail. So customer spent service fee 30 Euro for nothing.

So , I hereby to recommend expat to have better solution than AT bank broker.

Moderated by Bhavna 9 months ago
Reason : Referral links are not accepted
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi all,
Here is one broker I would like to recommend , and also help this website publish something helpful.
ibkr.com
IBKR, they only charge few Euro if you buy shares online or change different currency.

I found this broker because I noticed that Austria broker usually charge service fee very high , it could be 25 Euro if you buy one share.

Sometimes, when you use AT sparkasse bank to transfer money to oversea bank , they will charge customer 30 Euro, but they will report customer, transfer money fail.

So customer spent 30 Euro for nothing.

-@Keloy

Hello Keloy,

Please note that recommendations should be made in the Austria business directory.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna I can not post something there

Hello Keloy,

Could you please confirm whether you encountered any difficulty in suggesting a business within the Austria business directory?

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi all,
ibkr.com

Sometimes, when you use AT sparkasse bank to transfer money to oversea bank , they will charge customer 30 Euro but they will report customer, transfer money fail. So customer spent service fee 30 Euro for nothing.

-@Keloy

If you want a broker that is doing also your taxes (reporting to AT-tax authorities and deducting taxes from your capital gains) use scalable. If you want lower fees and you do your taxes alone use Trade Republic. After every year Trade republic provided a filled form for you that you just have to send to tax authorities. But of course you need to look at the numbers if they make sense. there are a lot of YouTube videos for investing in Europe with also focus on Germany and Austria.

I am currently the other way round. Leaving AT and moving to Mauritius and need to use IBKR...  I used to invest with Trade Republic since this is the Broker with most free ETFs and lowest fees.