Pink slip - work remote for foreign employer?

Hi, I'm a UK citizen currently living in Hong Kong, looking at moving to Cyprus next year. Trying to figure out visa options, so far I've narrowed it down to either a pink slip (visitor permit) or self-employed 'immigration permit'.

Currently I have my own HK registered company and I 'work' for that. I understand that the pink slip (visitor permit) doesn't let you work 'in' Cyprus, but does that include working for a foreign company based outside of Cyprus?

Would save myself a lot of hassle if I could do that, as it looks like the pink slip is a lot easier to get than a full self-employed permit, which seems to be more aimed at people who are conducting business in Cyprus...thanks to anyone who knows :)

Maybe a digital nomad visa is an option

yes digital nomad seems the way to go

http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/CRMD/crmd.nsf … enDocument

Although even digital nomad visa has its restrictions too .. 

Digital Nomad, the best option at least on a temp situation.

I went for temp residency as I was told this is the route to PR as it can be renewed up to the require time to apply for PR - 5 years. A digital Nomad is up to 3 years renewal and  this is not long enough to then apply for PR unless you speak Greek.

If PR is not you end goal then DM is an option.

I work for the same UK company I did before moving to Cyprus on a remote basis. Not sure if there are financial differences between TR and DN as this might influence your route.

Yes, I wanted to go for something more permanent than the digital nomad visa so I can have a route to PR. How do taxes work on the pink slip, are you on the non dom regime?

^ sorry if asking about your taxes is inappropriate, no need to answer that - I just want to know if being on a 'visitor' visa causes any issues with taxes or anything like that

Usually non dom for 17 years maximum .. but it can be longer depending on circumstances ..