Cyprus yellow zlip

Have I got any chance whatsoever of still getting a yellow slip for Cyprus residency. I have owned a house here since 2008 with full title deeds, Have had a Cyprus bank account since then, all bills are paid up. I am retired and just want to become residencial rather than having to go back to Britain after 90 days in 180. I wanted to get the yellow slip pre COVID but all my plans were disturbed by the epidemic, all advice welcome.thanks

I doubt it as most now must take the pink slip route.  The only chance you might have is to get a professional on  the case and prove bills and regular day to day living expenses etc .however you might be time barred.  ..personally I think it's worth a punt

Having a house and bank account here doesn't mean much and counts for very little in terms of residency

@Toon

Thank you for your advice. I will do some investigation into the pink slip.

Have read you https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-cyprus

https://gk-lawfirm.com/publications/retiring-to-cyprus

@Rogerjacobs. you may be able to make the case of the pandemic making your residency plans  problematic..  But you would still need.to prove that you were living here permanently or longer term than just holiday living... if you can demonstrate that before Brexit I think you stand a good chance of getting the WA residency permit rather than the pink slip...

Good luck let us know how you get on

@Toon

Will do, thanks

Hi All,

Just got my MUKW1 from Gwenny's Red Tape

Wonderful service from Kiki and Sunny

Well done

@selhis4

Well done! Quick question what did they tell you about any travel restrictions in and out of Cyprus? Thanks!

Now the wait begins for the bio metric card lol

@selhis4

So now you have this what does it give you exactly do you still get passport stamped in and out ? Or do you show you card as well ? Or do they know when you enter passport control that your a resident? Also being now a resident i guess you can stay longer than the 90 days ? Also coming in 2024 this etias visa form that everyone will need to fill out online to travel

Regards

UK citizens who are residents in the EU are exempt from the ETIAS and don't have to apply for it.

Residents still get their passports stamped because it is up to the border staff, but it doesn't really matter because being a resident with official resistant papers overrides that. It will be much better next year when passports ar just scanned.

You have the right to not to have your passport stamped as s a legal resident.. as long as you present the residency document at passport control... 100%

Thanks for replying good to know I'm picking mine up soon just wanted to know the ins and outs of what it entitled me too

Thanks

@Rogerjacobs

I did this (successfully, happily) last year, but I did pay an immigration attorney to file for me. I believe most EU countries had fixed deadlines (which have long passed) for applying for your Brexit rights, but that Cyprus isn't among them.

I did NOT provide any proof of my physical presence in Cyprus, but I provided proof of my long-term connection to Cyprus and regular bill paying. So I included my property deeds showing a purchase way back, and bills for electricity and water and property tax for every year.

Note: not every single bill, of course, but a few from each year. And not every year, just the most recent 5 to show I was here pre-Brexit. This might be harder than it sounds! I didn't keep any physical bills, and my Cyprus bank account didn't have a way for me to go back and find the payments. I was fortunate that I was a big fan of JCCSMART as this account kept the receipts for all my payments over the years. Hopefully, you have a big folder of all your bills. If not, and you paid everything by direct debit from your Cyprus bank account, then I guess you can pay your branch to either print out x years of monthly statements, or perhaps they can print out all your direct debit payments over the last x years. Then you can highlight/annotate the relevant transaction

You won't get a Yellow Slip, they issue a proper biometric ID card. I included a whole bunch of years (more than 5), and asked for a permanent residence, but they gave me a "temporary" card valid for 5 years. This is plenty good enough.

https://brexit.com.cy/en/residence.htm

"Those UK nationals and their family members who have residence rights under the Withdrawal Agreement, but haven“t applied for residence documents by the end of the transitional period, i.e. 31/12/2020, will continue to have the right to apply within a new procedure that will be initiated as of 1/1/2021; provided they can submit documentary evidence of their residency prior to the end of the transitional period. Residence documents issued within this new process will include a statement that the document has been issued in accordance with the Withdrawal Agreement."

@gwynj

Good solid info ...thank you