New to Bordeaux

Hi everyone,

I'm an Irish girl and I just moved to Bordeaux two days ago with my boyfriend.I'm going to start teaching English here next week! I don't know ANYBODY here and I would love to make some new friends from around the world.

I did a degree in music in Milan and then moved to Berlin for six months.I'm now in Bordeaux and really looking forward to starting my job.

My interests include learning about other cultures,languages,films,music and watching Ireland play any time of sport.

It would be really cool if somebody wants to meet up for a pint or if we can get a group together.

Cheers,

Anna

Hi Anna,

I am Russian-Israeli, I have been in Bordeaux for four months working at the University. I speak little French, so I am glad to meet English-speaking people.

I did not have much success meeting people on this site... there is a facebook group "Bordeaux expats", but it seems useless as well. You may try http://bordeaux.onvasortir.com/ - it seems to be a popular way to meet people here, especially if you know some French.

There are many things to do in Bordeaux - sightseeing, visits to vineyards, picnics on the Le Lac, and trips to the sea/Arcachon.

Feel free to ask questions.

Regards, Vadim.

Hey!
I read this and was like, weird, I could have written it myself, the first few lines anyway!!
I'm moving over on Sunday with the boyfriend too, we're also Irish, and going to be teaching english! Are u going to be a Lectrice?? I am, in the Uni III.
But anyway, I'd love to meet sometime, we will know no-one either, so it'd be nice to go for a few drinks some eve!
Katie

hello all.. i'm looking to meet up with like-minded people and chat a bit in english! love learning french but long for a fun pub night with some fellow english speakers! there are some great looking pubs in chartrons where i'm living (since 1 month) but so far i've been too shy to go in any of them on my tod!

Hi i have two boys 2 and 4 years. I have been in Bordeaux for nearly five years now and have got to know lots of international couples and really nice open minded French and only French speakers. If anyone needs advise just shout.

I'm arriving in a couple of weeks and have a tiny place just back from the Place de Bourse. Would like to meet a few people too ! I'm freshly retired from education in the UK. Andy

Hello Anna how are you finding Bordeaux? Have you met many people here. I'm Irish and living in Bordeaux for the past year. Most of my friends here are French though!! Take care and get in touch if you'd like to meet up sometime. Fiona.

hi! my name is Kate an I have just moved here for a practice at Bordeaux University lab. I also would like to meet people and it would be nice to go for a pint, glass of wine or just walk around the city...is Your invitation up-to-date?

Hi Kate,

Are you at Bordeaux 1? What kind of lab are you working at?
I would be glad to invite you for lunch or a cup of coffee.

Regards, Vadim.

Yes, it's this part of University located in Pessac close to Doyen Brus tram stop.
I'm working in IMS lab on solar cells..and You??
It would be nice to meet...

I work at LOMA lab (former CPMOH - it is still marked as this in most places), it is at Piexotto tram stop. I am in physics - I study transport in nanostructures (theory).

Check your inbox - I sent to you my email address...

Hi Anna

My daughter moved  to Bordeaux last month and is having great difficulty finding a place to live.  Any tips.  She is just finished her Masters in DCU and is studying part time in the University of Bordeaux.  She is also working part time in one of the Irish pubs in Bordeaux.  Any tips on how she might find a place to live? 

Bernadette

Hi Bernadette,

You should check the Bordeaux classifieds > accommodation section and post an advert there. It might help in your search. :)

Hi there !

I'm a french student living with my boyfriend in Bordeaux. I would love to meet some English speaking people, because I never speak English anymore, and I miss it! I also like to meet new people anyway, just to share a moment, have a drink or something.

So, get in touch if you like :), and sorry for my broken franglish, like I said, I don't really practice !

Hello everyone!

I'm new to Bordeaux too and I would like to meet some new people and perhaps make a new friends.
I'm not a perfect english speaker but I like to learn and speak English! Share my own experience In French or English.

So... Ready for a pint?? ;-)

Cheers

Seb!