Moving to Cebu in 2 years

Hello all my name is Eric and my wife and I and our 15 year old son will be moving to Cebu in 2025. I am a retired Marine and my wife is a special education teacher. My wife would like to teach while we live in Cebu. We also will be requiring long term accommodations with at least 3bd 2ba, with air-conditioning throughout. We are also devout christians and would like to get plugged into a church of protestant denomination. Also my son will require a good school that services those on an IEP as he is high functioning autistic "Asperger's". I am looking for a guide who can help me keep my ducks in a row and ensure I don't forget to do anything or who has good advice. Please reach out I am excited to make new lifelong friendships. God bless

Is your wife a Filipina? I tend to think if not, getting work for her will be almost impossible.

I would highly suggest you guys come out for at least a couple weeks to get a gander of the different areas to get an idea where you want to live. It's good you're starting this work early. It's going to take time to find what you want/desire.

@Gunnymorland  if your wife is a filipina and probably grow up in cebu it could be easier fro you guys to settle there but if both of you are foreigners might as well consider other provinces also. If you're going to consider in living metro cebu where everything is near like hospital, schools, churches etc then why not.

@Gunnymorland Hello Eric....welcome to the club. Living in metro Cebu City is probably best, since your son has special needs. It will be difficult, but not impossible, for your wife to get a teaching job here.......online teaching has very little regulation, so you might consider that. There are some nice subdivisions in Cebu City that can certainly provide your housing needs.

I have lived in Manila, Cebu city, and Davao.....but chose the southern Cebu province to make my home...for the last 8 years.....been here 13 years all together.

Someone else mentioned getting a feel for this area and this country for while FIRST, before making the big move.....great advice.

Your wife can also contact DepEd.....Department of Education, to learn about teaching requirements.