International Middle School Options in Greece

We currently live in Florida. My wife and I are seriously considering relocating to Greece next year. We have a 12-year-old boy that just finished elementary school and is starting middle school this Fall. The boy's education is one of the major concerns and priorities, and honestly, one of the few factors that will limit where we can live (I work remotely, and can be anywhere in the world with a decent internet connection).

Our initial idea was to find an International school for the first couple of years, where our son can have the chance to learn the language and not fall behind too much in school.

Does anyone have any experience and recommendations for this kind of situation?

Any insights and advice are much appreciated.

Cheers!

-RZ

Consider American community schools of Athens, or international school of Athens. Both fully English and teach Greek as second language

@rzucco Hi, check the link below and also search 'Verita School'

https://www.internationalschoolsearch.c … programmes

@Spartancouchpotato @Rbka

Very helpful, Thank you both!

Check bougas school Kalamata Greece that's were we are sending my 2 kids we are moving from new hampsire

@rzucco     https://www.acs.gr/

@rzucco

There are several private International Schools

Do you know where you would like to live?

most International schools are in Athens.

Your will have the ability to attend to a European school, like a British school or German or French that way your kids will become citizens of the world

It might be a little bit hard in the beginning, but it really worth it.

in the end, they will know more than two languages plus international friends.(.. and you too.!)

most international schools are in northern Athens and few in the south .

https://www.international-schools-datab … ens-greece

Other  option is the Montessori  one (hard to get in-very few seats ) is a totally new approach for elementary school. I am sure you have them in the states also

Do you plan to live close to the sea ?consider this , you don't want your kids to spend hours commuting between school and  home .

if you do live close to the sea your kids can join a sailing team (and you also )

I also send  my kids to scouts (have nothing to do with the North American one )

I am a Greek Canadien and my kids had a blast  .

With all the activities that you kids or you or all the family together you can have a great time.

let me know if you need more info

from scuba to all year around tennis (in Canada only in doors during the winter1f44e.svg) .

@rzucco Hello RZ, it is such a difficult decision and I've been through the same thoughts for my 8-year-old son. I finally decided to use a consulting firm and it was extremely helpful.  you can try them ([link moderated]). I strongly recommend them!

The link is not showing.

could you please advise on the company's name?

i am planning to move to Athens with my children and I really need some help with schools.

thanks

Brigitte

Sorry, it's the twoowlsgroup.

@rzucco the best thing you should  have do is that  encouraging to learn from websites 

I would love to get some feedback on the International School of Athens and/or Byron College if anyone has some experience or insight into these schools. Thanks!