How to deal with ants!

I have been happy for the ants to live in the garden but it now seems that we are at epidemic proportions and they are finding their way into the house and becoming a problem when sitting in the garden. The population has mushroomed over the past few weeks and I would be interested to know if there is something to put down other than the Exit Powder that will result in eradication!

Biokill....  Or I have had good results with a mix of water sugar and a strong ant killing powder....

Talcum powder across the entry points works well  to

Thanks I will look out for that in the supermarket

Well by way of update on this subject as I have tried the BioKill and various other treatments form the supermarkets. They all had limited effect and it cost about 7 eur per application. They took a few days to reduce the numbers but then they returned. It would be too expensive to spend about 7 eur a day to completely get rid of them.

I tried sugar with boric acid. Mixed 1 teaspoon of acid with 2 teaspoons of sugar and made a slightly wet inside a 500ml bottle. Pored some on their path and left the rest in the bottle on their run. They love it! It took about 3 days to total eradicate them. Then some came back so just put more down as I guess it will take time to kill all the workers and the queen as more workers are hatching daily. I got the boric acid from the local chemist. This also kills cockroaches and most other insects like fleas ticks etc.

I spotted a mix to kill cockroaches the other day ..

1.... Sugar and baking soda in equal quantities

2.... Red onion grated mixed with white vinegar

3.... Half water with half white vinegar with small measure of sugar and washing up liquid

I've also heard that the easy to obtained Lemon juice and/or vinegar will do the trick.

If you know where the ants entrance to living hole/crack, pour boiling hot water. Works great.