Interview for my Master's thesis

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. I am currently writing my master thesis on “The role of emotions in self-initiated expatriates' international relocation decision-making: A qualitative study” at my university in Germany. For this study, I need to interview people who are currently working or have worked for a company in another country other than their home country (excluding internships). The requirement is that they have NOT been sent from the company in their home country (assigned or company-backed expatriate) but have decided of their own initiative to relocate and work in another country. Their home country must be located within the EU, the host country can be anywhere in the world. The interview will be about 30 to 45 minutes and the interviewee's information will, of course, be anonymized with no traceability to the individual possible.

If you fit these criteria or know someone who does and would be interested in participating, feel free to reach out of me via private message. The interviews will take place between the middle and end of June. Your participation would really help me out and would be highly appreciated!

Thank you so much!

Samira

What do participants get out of it?

Hi beppi,

As an incentive I will raffle an Amazon gift card among all interview participants (around 13-15 participants). Apart from a financial incentive, the study is designed to help researchers, companies, and self-initiated expatriates to better understand the role of emotions throughout the decision-making process, which provides valuable information to all parties.

Hello, Samire and everyone I am doing a report for a Spanish media (LA MAREA) about expats, can I contact you to talk about it? I think your thesis and the experience of the rest of the community are very interesting.

In advance, many thanks.

Rather than a (small) chance to receive an Amazon gift card, I think you should offer either a direct financial incentive or a donation to a good cause - there are many people in this world who need it more urgently than you and me!

I asked Sergiopascualperiodismo for the possibility of a donation from his organisation to a good cause, in exchange for an interview or contribution to their work.

He declined, claiming that they need all the money for themselves.

I recommend you do not cooperate with such a selfish organisation or person!

@beppi I am a freelancer. I do not pay for interviews. Thanks again.

@beppi I am a freelancer. I do not pay for interviews. Thanks again.
-@sergiopascualperiodismo

Being a freelancer is no excuse for being cheap. Asking people to give of their time and energy should be rewarded in some way, even if its just a small gift of some kind. It's a matter of respect.

Hello everyone,

@ Samira, thank you for posting on our forum however, I would invite you to create an advert in the classifieds under the Testimonies section (it can be under the destination of your choice).

Classifieds

It will be easier for interested volunteer members to contact you.

Wish you all the best for your thesis

Bhavna

Closed

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR