Importing Goods From Turkey

Dear all,

Hope you are having a great day.

I was born and raised in Turkey. Currently living in Manchester, UK.

Since last year, we are constructing a hotel and a villa near Casa De Campo, La Romana.

The point is why I am writing here, there is a huge quality material absence in DR.

I will be starting from scratch. My Spanish is not so good that's why I need someone to support me and my team.

Is there anyone to share his/her experience here? Who knows maybe we can make some business.

I am pretty sure that if I import constrcution materials here (ceramics, plasterboard, boilers, osmosis, solar system etc.) it will work.

I will be happy to hear from you guys.

Let me show what we are doing in La Romana, It is totally worth to see my construction site where we are going to complete the project.

Cheers,

Welcome to the forums!  Yes you can import your building materials as needed or wanted.

You need a good customs broker, I have one in Santo Domingo. Pretty much all materials come through two ports near here.

Are you holding your villa inside a corporation?  That makes a difference when importing. 

I will message you privately.

Hi Planner,

We are already importing our construction material from Turkey.

There are two well known customs brokers which are Mardom and DP World (mostly to Caucedo port)

We are used to work with them.

And yes we do have a corporation here to construct and import.

I also have my own limited company which is based in the UK.

Is there a way to import privately? It is pretty clear to find those kind of infos in the UK.

I couldn't reach any data pn web here in DR.

Yes you can import privately but you will pay ALL taxes and duty with no way to get anything back or any breaks. Inside a corp you at least can get back some of the ITBIS depending what you are doing.

For smaller or less expensive items you can bring them in via a mail forwarder out of Miami.  Must be under US 200 including shipping costs.  And you cannot import higher quantities of any one thing. It gets a bit tricky if you are not careful.

Hi @shaddaione

I am sorry for my late reply.

We are constructing the hotel for our employees, staff vs.who are working with us in the Dominican Republic

We are not going to rent to public.

Thanks for your warning.

Haitians are our workforce here. They are working fine if you know how to manage them.

Especially at construction site, noone is working if you don't push them up. Based on true story, lol.

Thanks for the information.

Cheers

I can't believe I am reading this about La ROmana been an overflow city for Hatians wow you really have all your information wrong. 97 % of people that live in La romana are Dominicans not sure where you got your statistics from but your statement is completely off and very insulting. You making it sound like Hatians are bad people. I have been coming to DR for 15 years and finally I settled in Residencial Romana. Been here for a whole year la Romana is a very good city with very good people and very hard working Hatians .

matter of fact the people building my swimming pool are all Hatians hard working people that come here to make a living.

So please don't use that statement that La Romana is an over flow for Hatians you must come from a special place I can tell !!

Rich I want to apologize as I missed those comments. It appears I made a post at about the same time as the previous one.

I will be getting those comments removed!  We do not accept rascist type comments period. 

@planner thank you I do appreciate it  you !!

1f60a.svg1f60a.svg1f60a.svg