How to practice Law in DR?

Good morning to everybody,

I have a Law degree and I might settle down in Dominican Republic working in a law firm as a lawyer.
Since I am not a lawyer in my own country, but i would like to work as a lawyer in DR, do you happen to know what are the required steps in order to do that?
Should I have a permanent residency? Or should I enroll in a Law faculty here again? Or maybe is it just fine to validate my degree?

Thanks,

v.

Valz, did you have just said that you are "NOT a lawyer, but what to come to DR and work as a lawyer", how can that make sense to you?

I'll presume you wanted to say that you "ARE A LAWYER IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY" and want to come to DR and build a practice.

The lawyer profession has a monopoly over court expositions established by lay 91-83. So if you want to go court, then you must become a lawyer, and how do you do that?
Just follow these simple Steps:
1. Graduate from Law School
2. After graduating register in the supreme court and ask for an oath hearing.
3. After your hearing, register yourself with the Executive Branch so that sometime that same year the Dominican President will include you in the Exequatur Presidential Decree.
4. After you get your decree, go to the Dominican School of Lawyers (Similar to the Bar in the US) get yourself admitted.
5. Having your School of Lawyer's License you are able to practice the profession. 

People claiming to be lawyers, and are missing one of the above steps, could be processed for fraud (2 to 5 years in jail) if an interested party demands it.

With your legal knowledge you can work as an expert and start a consultancy business. Also sure that you could work as a lawyer for Dominican Firms that need an expert in your country's legal system.

Dear colleagues,
Being a licensed lawyer in the Republic of Moldova (I got a Law Diploma License in 1997 and had passed the Bar Exams in 2001) I would be interested to find out the conditions of re-validation of my law degree in order to become a member of the Colegio de Abogados in the Dominican Republic.
Thanks in advance

welcome to the forum!  As to your question it was answered above.  You cannot use your education outside the DR to qualify as a lawyer here. You need to requalify as our system of law is based on French law.

If you have a Law degree from another country, you need to find out if there is an education reciprocity agreement of that country and the Dominican Republic. If there is, the steps to take will be governed by the agreement and you need to follow them.
I there is no Agreement, then:
You need to go to a Dominican University and have your Degree validated, once that is done then you will be able to get the necessary documentation to practice.
You may have to take some University classes to be able to validate the degree.
You should contact one of the Universities in the Dominican Republic and they will guide you.

First welcome to the forums.  WE are based on French law here and most of the world is NOT. So my understanding is MOST degrees from other countries are useless.

Is that not correct?  And of course the person would have to speak fluent Spanish.